MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingWidenersLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is This the Beginning of the Battle of Gog and Magog?

Boolit Master

Is This the Beginning of the Battle of Gog and Magog?

Could we be seeing the beginning of the battle predicted in the Bible?

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by deltaenterprizes View Post
    It very may be .... but the Church has not been removed from the earth....what I am seeing is something like the old WWII Axis which involved Germany, Italy, and Japan....now the AXIS is the Russians, China, Middle East, and N. Korea. N. Korea is supplying Russia with weapons and ammunition. A good many of the Arabs have sided with Russia and China has set its eye on Taiwan and world dominance.....I see WWIII coming at a time when our borders are not secure and only God knows how many Chinese military are already in place! Add to that the worst and weakest president at the helm.....I am praying that Americans wake up and demand that our leaders do the right thing! Thus ends my rant!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    I don't think we are seeing the starting of the Battle of Gog and Magog which is the great end times battle where Jesus returns.

Matthew 24:6-13
    English Standard Version
    6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are but the beginning of the birth pains.

Please "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem".

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    It very may be .... but the Church has not been removed from the earth....what I am seeing is something like the old WWII Axis which involved Germany, Italy, and Japan....now the AXIS is the Russians, China, Middle East, and N. Korea. N. Korea is supplying Russia with weapons and ammunition. A good many of the Arabs have sided with Russia and China has set its eye on Taiwan and world dominance.....I see WWIII coming at a time when our borders are not secure and only God knows how many Chinese military are already in place! Add to that the worst and weakest president at the helm.....I am praying that Americans wake up and demand that our leaders do the right thing! Thus ends my rant!
    ... check the Bible ... "other stuff" has got to happen before the final battle
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Life Member

No, the world’s not evil enough.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by deltaenterprizes View Post
    No...

Biblical view (not Hollywood's or best selling author's view) of end times events...

Revelation 20: 7-9
    7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
    8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
    9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

1. Tribulation (roughly 3 1/2 years)
    2. Great Tribulation (a short season or period of time)
    3. Rapture, Christ comes in the clouds to collect his saints (Twinkling of an eye)
    4. GOD pours out his wrath on the earth in judgment of the wicked (Roughly 3 1/2 years)
    5. Christ returns with his Saints to rule and reign for a 1000 years (1000 years)
    6. Satan is loosed from the Pit and goes out to gather the nations to come against Christ and the camp of the saints...the beloved city, Jerusalem and is destroyed with the fire of GOD. (After the 1,000 year reign and rule of The Lord and his Saints)

I DO think the recent events are VERY significant... but NOT the battle of Gog and Magog unless we missed the minimum of the 1,007 years of events that must happen first. (I say minimum because the Bible doesn't really stipulate how long it takes Satan to gather his army from the four corners of the world and leads them to slaughter)

Boolit Master
    When did satan get put in his prison?

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Boolit Master
    There has to be a third Jewish Temple on the Mount first. Honestly, we could have that in 6 months.

Yall think the Rev20 war is the same as Ez38?

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    Yes, as I understand it... Ezekiel 38 and Revelation 20 are talking about the same battle...
    The battle of Gog and Magog are ONLY mentioned once in the Old Testament Ezekiel 38 and once in the New Testament Revelation 20

Ezekiel 38 was what some would call a duel or split prophecy. The nation of Israel at that time was in Captivity/Bondage... so it had current meaning for those living at that time and also a forecast Regarding latter years end times events

Revelation was written as... well, a book of revelation as it is so named.

Ezekiel 38

8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.
    9 Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.
    (Satan gathers his Army)

11 And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,
    (Unwalled villages, living at rest, dwelling in safety, having neither bars nor gates... This is the polar opposite of current day Israel or anytime in the foreseeable future. On the other side of the ledger, after the 1,000 year reign of Christ... that is a perfect description of how the promise land will be.

22 And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone
    (hailstones, Fire and brimstone destruction from above)

Revelation 20

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
    9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
    (Clearly and unequivocally Says after the 1,000 year reign of Christ the battle occurs. Also destruction from fire from above like Ezekiel 38)

I guess some might say there is a Battle of Gog and Magog before the 1,000 year reign and then the same battle takes place again at the end of the 1,000 year reign... both with the same results... Satan and his ilk being destroyed with fire from above.
    That position seems kind of silly and is usually made by folks trying to make scripture fit a Hollywood type script like the Left behind movie and or some other doctrine of men.

I am open minded on the subject but the Bible seems pretty solid with regards to the Battle of Gog and Magog

Your Thoughts?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama358 View Post
    Yes, as I understand it... Ezekiel 38 and Revelation 20 are talking about the same battle...
    The battle of Gog and Magog are ONLY mentioned once in the Old Testament Ezekiel 38 and once in the New Testament Revelation 20

Ezekiel 38 was what some would call a duel or split prophecy. The nation of Israel at that time was in Captivity/Bondage... so it had current meaning for those living at that time and also a forecast Regarding latter years end times events

Ezekiel 38

8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.
    9 Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.
    (Satan gathers his Army)

11 And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,
    (Unwalled villages, living at rest, dwelling in safety, having neither bars nor gates... This is the polar opposite of current day Israel or anytime in the foreseeable future. On the other side of the ledger, after the 1,000 year reign of Christ... that is a perfect description of how the promise land will be.

22 And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone

Revelation 20

(Clearly and unequivocally Says after the 1,000 year reign of Christ the battle occurs. Also destruction from fire from above like Ezekiel 38)

I guess some might say there is a Battle of Gog and Magog before the 1,000 year reign and then the same battle takes place again at the end of the 1,000 year reign... both with the same results... Satan and his ilk being destroyed with fire from above.
    That position seems kind of silly and is usually made by folks trying to make scripture fit a Hollywood type script like the Left behind movie and or some other doctrine of men.

I am open minded on the subject but the Bible seems pretty solid with regards to the Battle of Gog and Magog

Your Thoughts?

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by ioon44 View Post

Revelation 20: 1-3
    1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
    2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
    3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

1. Tribulation (roughly 3 1/2 years)
    2. Great Tribulation (a short season or period of time)
    3. Rapture, Christ comes in the clouds to collect his saints (Twinkling of an eye)
    4. GOD pours out his wrath on the earth in judgment of the wicked (Roughly 3 1/2 years)
    5. Christ returns with his Saints to rule and reign for a 1000 years (1000 years)
    6. Satan is loosed from the Pit and goes out to gather the nations to come against Christ and the camp of the saints...the beloved city, Jerusalem and is destroyed with the fire of GOD. (After the 1,000 year reign and rule of The Lord and his Saints)

We know that Satan comes to power at the midpoint when he sets himself up in the Temple and declares himself as God and requires folks to take his mark and worship his image then continues to deceive the nations during the 2nd half during GOD's wrath
    We know that he does not stay in power during Christ's 1,000 year reign.
    We know that at the end of Christ rule and reign the whole lot of them, Satan and his ilk are wadded up and tossed into the Lake Of Fire for eternity

So to answer your question... Satan is chained at the end of the 7 year period after GOD's wrath before the 1,000 year reign of Jesus.
    I don't think it is a coincidence that Christ Rules and reigns for a 1,000 years and Satan is locked in the Pit for a 1,000 years

What are your thoughts regarding when Satan is chained and Pitted?

Ezekiel 38

(Satan gathers his Army)

Revelation 20

Your Thoughts?
    Hey there.
    While always leaning strongly towards two events I'm still trying to make up my mind as to whether it's one or two.
    A while back I listened to a presentation by Dr. Michael Heiser on the topic (youtube). As always, he was persuasive.
    Chuck Missler did a presentation on the matters and yep, he was persuasive.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ioon44 View Post
    I don't think we are seeing the starting of the Battle of Gog and Magog which is the great end times battle where Jesus returns.

Matthew 24:6-13
    English Standard Version
    6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are but the beginning of the birth pains.

Please "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem".
    we have been hearing of wars and rumors of wars already for a long time now. also earthquakes have been happening all over the world and now famines are coming because of our defunct president. i do think the end is very near.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by pricedo View Post
    ... check the Bible ... "other stuff" has got to happen before the final battle
    it's happening right before your eyes, better wake up and don't be caught off guard

Yep, since the beginning of the fig tree generation events have really been speeding up.

Boolit Buddy

Hey there.
    While always leaning strongly towards two events I'm still trying to make up my mind as to whether it's one or two.
    A while back I listened to a presentation by Dr. Michael Heiser on the topic (youtube). As always, he was persuasive.
    Chuck Missler did a presentation on the matters and yep, he was persuasive.
    Yeah... one of the other things I have a hard time reconciling with the two separate Battles scenario is...

Is Satan destroyed with Brimstone/Fire from above in both battles?
    I have always thought that once GOD clouds up and rains Fire and Brimstone on you, that's it. You wont be coming back for round two

Similar to Sodom and Gomorrah
    Jeremiah 50:40
    40 As God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah and the neighbour cities thereof, saith the LORD; so shall no man abide there, neither shall any son of man dwell therein.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by justindad View Post
    There has to be a third Jewish Temple on the Mount first. Honestly, we could have that in 6 months.
    The problem is not with the actual construction of the Temple, as you say... that could be done rather quickly.
    The problem is clearing out the Muzzies so that the construction can start... Which brings us to the current conflict.

The Islamist of the world are a Cool-Hand-Luke kinda hardheaded/passionate misguided bunch (about 1.8 billion of them) and it will take something very bloody and brutal before they are ready to cry uncle and sign a peace treaty giving up their rights to location.

According to Bible prophecy "It" will happen... but make no mistake, it will be ugly!

Is Satan destroyed with Brimstone/Fire from above in both battles?
    I don't think so.

Boolit Master
    I just read some of Ezekiel and I don’t think they are the same anymore. The parallels in that passage with today are eery.
    This statement was made by Iran’s foreign minister recently:
    “Any step the resistance (Hezbollah) will take will cause a huge earthquake in the Zionist entity.”
    And then we have Eze 38:18-19:
    18 It will come about on that day, when Gog comes against the land of Israel,” declares the Lord God, “that My fury will mount up in My anger. 19 In My zeal and in My blazing wrath I declare that on that day there will certainly be a great [a]earthquake in the land of Israel.
    Keep in Mind that Russia is Iran’s ally. There are reports of Iran planning this attack with Hamas and Hezbollah. I wouldn’t be surprised if Russia was also involved in the planning or contingency plans.
    One way that this situation could lead to WWIII is for Russia to support Iran in response to USA supporting Israel. And if Russia and USA are fighting in Israel, then why not fight in Ukraine too? Boom - WWIII.

And then we have Eze 38:21:
    21 And I will call for a sword against [a]him on all My mountains,” declares the Lord God. “Every man’s sword will be against his brother.
    Eze 39:22 could make you think of a nuclear response, but verse 23 makes me think it’s more like GOD repeating Gomorrah:

22 With plague and with blood I will enter into judgment with him; and I will rain on him and on his troops, and on the many peoples who are with him, [a]a torrential rain, hailstones, fire, and brimstone. 23 So I will prove Myself great, show Myself holy, and make Myself known in the sight of many nations; and they will know that I am the Lord.”’
    If we really do see USA openly fighting Russia in Ukraine… well, we have Eze 39:6:
    6 “And I will send fire upon Magog and those who inhabit the coastlands in safety; and they will know that I am the Lord.
    Iran has been sending drones and missiles to Russia to support the war in Ukraine. So Russia and Iran have both recently used a lot of their armaments. Now if Russia is going to give aid to Iran, it’s likely that they will have more soldiers to give than bombs. If they want to siege Jarusalem (after all, this attack is named Al-Aqsa Flood) in response the the Israeli siege of Gaza… they’re going to need soldiers for that.

Now here’s Ezekiel’s prophecy against Gog in 39:4:
    4 You will fall on the mountains of Israel, you and all your troops, and the peoples who are with you; I will give you as food to every [a]kind of predatory bird and animal of the field.
    Eze 39:27 is the prophecy we saw come true in 1948, and 39:29 could very well refer to the third Temple:
    27 When I bring them back from the peoples and gather them from the lands of their enemies, then I shall show Myself holy [a]through them in the sight of the many nations. 28 Then they will know that I am the Lord their God because I made them go into exile among the nations, and then I gathered them again to their own land; and I will leave none of them there any longer. 29 I will not hide My face from them any longer, for I will have poured out My Spirit on the house of Israel,” declares the Lord God.
    Can you imagine what a miraculous victory for Israel would do to the world? Satan deceived people with Islam and drives them attempt Israel’s extermination. Israel could find itself outmanned and outgunned in a fight that started with anger over Jews praying at the Temple Mount. Now suppose this miracle is greater than 1948 and GOD undeniably makes himself known. I could see the third Temple on the Mount constructed after that. Eze 39:29 could very well indicate the return of the Ark of the Covenant to the Temple on the Mount!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast