RepackboxReloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good stop offs as travelling to FL

Boolit Buddy
    "Skyline drive as it goes over the top of the Shendoah Mtns.is worth the effort to see all by itself."
    +1

Vendor Sponsor

The first time I saw Skyline Drive was thoroughly exhilarating, it took us ALL DAY to go the first 100 miles. So many places along the route just call you to get out, come see, get pics, get back in, LOL repeat as necessary!

This time of year you would be treated to some beautiful colors! (+ a million "tourists" from DC getting out in their convertible Mercedes, as they crowd the parkway during peak color season).
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Buddy

If you like big guns: Ft St Augustine has the tour of the old Spanish fort. The costal guns are bronze and quite large. Was an impressive site. Also the winery near by is also a good stop. I remember tasting quite a bit of good wine.

Cast Boolits Owner

Rich,
    I live near Jacksonville, Fl within 15 miles of I-295 & I-10. If you have problems along the way and are somewhat nearby or if you are more local to me and find you need a break from the road for spell let me know. I have tools, enjoy coffee and I’ll come out to meet or you/your guest can drop by the house for a spell.

Rob
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rich S View Post
    Wow! Thank you to all, you folks never disappoint, collectively this site is like an old wise friend that you can ask about most anything and will get a good response from experience...
    I was thinking primarily of places for reloading components and such, maybe a few bricks of .22 or 9's but now i have a more rounded itinerary.
    I have been to a buccees once and recall some fudge from there kind of fondly...not to take away from Loves etc but they really do raise the bar on bringing a little comfort to travelling...

I will have this thread open as I go... I'm kind of wondering how some of those chocolate covered banana chips would go with the pulled pork...sweeetnessss...
    My travelling companion does the NY-FL run a couple times a year and loves a scenic detour so we will very likely put some of those drives on the to do list...
    I had worried about having nothing to do now thinking I may not have enough time...
    As always my thanks to the community here, I haven't been active here in recent years as life kind of happened to me and threw me for a loop... I am just lately re discovering how much I enjoy this hobby andthe good spirit and kindness of this community.
    Hint : The chopped Brisket is better than the pulled pork ... I'm normally a pulled pork guy ...But I've tried Both , side by side ... I believe the Chopped Brisket is much more flavorfull ... I get the Brisket evry time ... Two , one for now and one for later ... I don't know how they do it but it's Slap Your Momma Good !

Cheap Gas Prices too ... be sure to fill up !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Consider Rt 84 to RT 81 to Rt77 to Rt 26 then pick up 95 in SC and head south- it's a smoother ride than 95. Crossing Fancy Gap is pretty scenic, do some of the Blue Ridge Parkway, there is the 8th Airforce Museum at exit 103 in GA on 95.
    The essence of education is self reliance- T.H. White.

Currently seeking wood carving tools, wood planes, froes, scorps, spokeshaves... etc....

I was surprised by the number of auto carriers on I10 and all the U-Haul trailers going west! I fear the destination was Texas.
    Whatever!

At various times when the numbers of refugees coming here was pretty high.
    They have to pay to ship those trailers back.
    At times, you could get a U-Haul trailer here for free if you were taking it 'one way'
    back to one of the states where so many people were coming here from.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12