Snyders JerkyLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
WidenersInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dog Bite Rules in your town

Down Under we just post warning signs to intruders.

Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by contender1 View Post
    I had burned several dogs butts & such, until once when the second of an owners dogs came on our property, and I got it too, I got charged. Due to the LAWS, the evidence, and testimony of our Chief of Police, and Animal Control, the case was dropped.
    I had a simular experience as a teen. Wasn't charged, but had to pay vet bills for a dog I had "burned" a little too hard. My Grandpa gave me the best advice, "Boy, if you're going to shoot a dog, make sure only you and Jesus know about it. Cause Jesus ain't talking, and people will kill you over a dog! ". I've never burned another dog, and I'm 60 now. However I have SSS and buried a bunch of them! I've got no more qualms about shooting a dog than a coyote. People bring them out to the country and drop them, if there genuinely worthy to be saved I'll load them up and put then out in town in the middle of the night where they have a chance, if not, they feed the scavengers and flys.

Tennessee has a STATE WIDE leash law. If it's off your property, it better be on a leash!

Boolit Master
    A federal judge told me by federal law you have the right to protect your livestock from predation on your property. The state supreme court justice sitting beside him said that's true.

Boolit Master

I rank abandoning a dog or cat right up there with aborting a fetus. In my book anyone who does deserves the same treatment.
    The biggest problem this nation has is refusing to accept responsibility for one’s actions.

A federal judge told me by federal law you have the right to protect your livestock from predation on your property. The state supreme court justice sitting beside him said that's true.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is true, or was true when I retired from law enforcement in 2003. There is stature under the Federal Dept. of Agriculture that gives a property owner the right to shoot any dog that comes onto their property and is caught harassing livestock. That livestock can be cows, sheep, chickens, rabbits. The stature also states the property owner that shoots a dog harassing his livestock can not be charged with a crime or face a civil lawsuit for shooting the dog. As a patrol officer working in a rural area I carried copies of this Dept. of Agriculture law to hand out to citizens that had a problems. Most of the handouts went to dog owners that wanted to complain about their dog being shot while chasing livestock. They were somewhat upset to find out they could not file a complaint and may be held liable in civil court for any damage their dog might have done to the livestock they were harassing.