RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionLoad DataWidenersSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: 12C1 wads

Boolit Buddy

12C1 wads

Anyone using these wads in modern plastic hulls? I bought about 3000 of these. It Seems the Internet says to use them in papers. I haven't looked in my Lyman book yet but I don't have high hopes.

Boolit Buddy
    Never used them, but it is my understanding they can be used in straight wall paper or plastic hulls, such as Federal, Fiocchi or others. Lookup info for Claybuster CB311812AR wads.

Boolit Master

Yes
    They work great in hulls that are not tapered
    Fed paper , Fed Gold Medal , Fed High Power ( Top Gun) , Cheddite , Win Expert and others

They work OK in Win AA hulls and Rem STS hulls , but there will be a ever so slight bulge
    Where the red base wad starts

The 12C1 WILL NOT Work in the older Blue Magic hulls
    As the base wad will produce a bulge in the hull to large to allow the shell to chamber in every shotgun I tried

I used to used a lot of the 12C1 wads for Trap shooting
    As I used to be able to get them at a lower price by the case
    But lately I use the Clay Buster Windjammer style 1 oz and 1 1/8 oz wads for trap , skeet and sporting clays

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the detailed information John.

Boolit Master

I used them some in Federal paper 12 gauge and in the all plastic 12 gauge made by someone (I can't remember the name right now) years ago. They worked quite well for me. james

They work awesome for Lyman 525 slugs too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    I used them some in Federal paper 12 gauge and in the all plastic 12 gauge made by someone (I can't remember the name right now) years ago. They worked quite well for me. james
    Activ use to make an all plastic hull, and when available, was the only hull I ever loaded. Wish I had no less than 100,000 of them right now!

Boolit Master

I really like the Active also, my brain being very old I could not come up with the name when I wrote that. I used Active's in both trap and skeet. I found them very slick loading in a shotgun and very easy to get a good crimp on with my MEC 650. I loaded some of them as many as 10 times before I surveyed them to the trash. I too wish they still were in business. james

Boolit Buddy
    I am not sure of the company name, but there is a company overseas that use the Active hull exclusively for their target and hunting loads in both 12 ga. and 20 ga..

I use to load a 1 7/8 oz. turkey load @ 1,200 fps. in the 2 3/4" 12 ga. Active hull. At 35 yards this load would literally and completely remove a turkey's head! Copper plated 7 1/2 shot was all we loaded in these turkey loads.