Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: How To Speed Up This Forum In Firefox

Vendor Sponsor

How To Speed Up This Forum In Firefox

Clearing the cache cleans up a lot of cookies and unnecessary garbage that gets collected in your browser cache, it "remembers" places you visited, sites you went to, it stores cookies and when this list gets really bloated, everything slows down.

There are two things to check, in your Firefox settings go to Privacy & Security, scroll until you see Cookies and Site Data. Notice there are THREE choices over to the right:

Clear Data
    Manage Data
    Manage Exceptions

We are only interested in the top two. If you click on the top one, you are presented a window where there are two boxes already checked. See top left photo. UNCHECK the top one that says Cookies and Site Data. See top right photo. This is where all your recently used logins and passwords are stored so if you clear ALL the data, you will have to login again to the sites that you used a password on and you will have to login with username and password.

Leave the bottom box checked that says Cached Web Content and click the CLEAR button down in the right lower corner. This will clear the cache, but not the cookies. This will speed things up globally not just castboolits.

Here's the important part.

Click the middle box that says Manage Data, See bottom left photo with red arrow. This will open a new window where it lists ALL your cookies, you can click the headers at the top to arrange them by Cookies, Storage, and Last Used. Here you can pick and choose which cookies you want to keep (which sites you don't want to lose your login) and you can use the ctrl key and the mouse click to hilight each entry you want to remove, you can choose Remove Selected, then Save Changes to get rid of the cookies.

If you JUST want to delete the cookie that corresponds to castboolits, hilight and remove the gunloads.com cookie. See bottom right photo. Close Firefox and re-open it, your castboolits pages should load faster, mine do.

If you don't care and want to wack a mole on all of it, hit the Clear Data button I mentioned earlier, and leave both boxes checked, that will clear your cache.

Sorry I cannot help out with Chrome as I am not a user, but the process is still the same, you just have to google how to do it in Chrome.

Here are some photos that will help you find these choices in Firefox.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clear Data 2023-09-29 11-26-37.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	318406 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clear Data Unchecked .jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	318407

Name:	Manage Data 2023-09-29 11-16-22.jpg 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	318408 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Manage Cookies 2023-09-29 11-15-59.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	318409
    Last edited by DougGuy; 09-29-2023 at 12:01 PM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    I use Firefox. At the top of the page, click on HISTORY. Then click delete history. Cookies will also be deleted. I do this every day when I shut down, and have been for several years now. No problems of any kind.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    I use Firefox. At the top of the page, click on HISTORY. Then click delete history. Cookies will also be deleted. I do this every day when I shut down, and have been for several years now. No problems of any kind.
    And after clearing history using the method you suggest do you have to enter login information such as username and password when you login to this site and others?
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Vendor Sponsor

Does it remember your logins and passwords after clearing the history?

I clicked on History, Clear Recent History and I am presented with a much more detailed menu than the settings menu I mentioned. Probably easier to use, and definitely easier to uncheck which ones to leave alone.

Name:	Clear History Menu2023-09-29 14-42-32.jpg 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	318418

Note: I posted some photos and photo explanations because not everyone on this site is computer literate enough to do surgery on their browser.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    And after clearing history using the method you suggest do you have to enter login information such as username and password when you login to this site and others?
    Deleting history deletes everything, including user names and passwords. NO big deal. Yes, I have to log in all over again the next day, but Firefox remembers those user names and passwords. All I have to do is click in a box and there it is.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    Clearing the cache cleans up a lot of cookies and unnecessary garbage that gets collected in your browser cache, it "remembers" places you visited, sites you went to, it stores cookies and when this list gets really bloated, everything slows down.

There are two things to check, in your Firefox settings go to Privacy & Security, scroll until you see Cookies and Site Data. Notice there are THREE choices over to the right:

Clear Data
    Manage Data
    Manage Exceptions

We are only interested in the top two. If you click on the top one, you are presented a window where there are two boxes already checked. See top left photo. UNCHECK the top one that says Cookies and Site Data. See top right photo. This is where all your recently used logins and passwords are stored so if you clear ALL the data, you will have to login again to the sites that you used a password on and you will have to login with username and password.

Leave the bottom box checked that says Cached Web Content and click the CLEAR button down in the right lower corner. This will clear the cache, but not the cookies. This will speed things up globally not just castboolits.

Here's the important part.

Click the middle box that says Manage Data, See bottom left photo with red arrow. This will open a new window where it lists ALL your cookies, you can click the headers at the top to arrange them by Cookies, Storage, and Last Used. Here you can pick and choose which cookies you want to keep (which sites you don't want to lose your login) and you can use the ctrl key and the mouse click to hilight each entry you want to remove, you can choose Remove Selected, then Save Changes to get rid of the cookies.

If you JUST want to delete the cookie that corresponds to castboolits, hilight and remove the gunloads.com cookie. See bottom right photo. Close Firefox and re-open it, your castboolits pages should load faster, mine do.

If you don't care and want to wack a mole on all of it, hit the Clear Data button I mentioned earlier, and leave both boxes checked, that will clear your cache.

Sorry I cannot help out with Chrome as I am not a user, but the process is still the same, you just have to google how to do it in Chrome.

Here are some photos that will help you find these choices in Firefox.

Name:	Clear Data 2023-09-29 11-26-37.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	318406 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clear Data Unchecked .jpg 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	318407

Name:	Manage Data 2023-09-29 11-16-22.jpg 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	318408 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Manage Cookies 2023-09-29 11-15-59.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	318409
    I used Firefox and then switched to Brave after they kicked out the founder for donating to Trump. The founder then moved on and created Brave. Much better imho
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

Currently I am having no issues with the speed of this page even opening multiple tabs it is working very well since the upgrade . I do use the Brave Browser I had to delete chrome from this machine completely as it was opening on it's own .
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by firefly1957 View Post
    Currently I am having no issues with the speed of this page even opening multiple tabs it is working very well since the upgrade . I do use the Brave Browser I had to delete chrome from this machine completely as it was opening on it's own .
    I downloaded and installed CHROME several years ago. Played with it for just a few minutes and then dumped it.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    I downloaded and installed CHROME several years ago. Played with it for just a few minutes and then dumped it.
    Owned by google; it is spyware! Trash google, use duck duck go. They don’t spy on you.
    https://duckduckgo.com

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by fiberoptik View Post
    Owned by google; it is spyware! Trash google, use duck duck go. They don’t spy on you.
    https://duckduckgo.com
    duckduckgo is also on the censorship train with Google and Facebook

https://www.komando.com/technology/d...mation/829782/
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Moderator Emeritus

Thank you ever so much, DougGuy!!! "Surprise, surprise, surprise", as Gomer Pile regularly exclaimed -- I printed/followed your instructions -- and ALL worked perfectly! 99.97326% of the time (give or take a bit ) any and every time I attempt to "improve" anything on a computer invariable results in either a call (HELP?!?) to my computer-guru older son or an IT guru I worked with before I retired.
    THANKS AGAIN!!!!!
    geo

Boolit Master

Froogal I do have a chrome book with Google O.S. that is faster then anything windows but I will put no personal data on it for the spying reason. It is the Google browser that gave me trouble and was starting up on it's own .
    I can rather easily take the Chrome book and remove Google and go all UNIX so far I have not found the need but.....
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.