Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Friday, September 29

For Thought and Meditation - Friday, September 29

Good morning all. Where does your strength come from? Have a safe and blessed day.

The Thoughts and Prayer on Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.

Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always.
    —1 Chronicles 16:10-11

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

What brings you joy? What is your source of personal glory? Do you glory and rejoice in your accomplishments, your wealth, your status, your looks, your piety, your humility, your...? In the old hymn "Beneath the Cross of Jesus," we each confess, "My glory, all the Cross." That's what Christians mean when we "Glory in his holy name." Our full understanding of God's holy name has dramatically been expanded by Jesus. He taught us to not only reverence the name of God but also call him "Abba" Father. Any other cause of joy and basis for boasting are merely passing illusions. For those whose hearts seek the Lord, glory is found in reverencing the holy name of the Father who gave up his precious Son so we could be his children. He loves us that much, and more: we will one day share in his glory (Colossians 3:1-4). Incredible!

My Prayer...
    You have blessed me in many ways, Abba Father. How can I ever begin to thank you properly? I confess that I sometimes seek notoriety and glory even though I know such notoriety is fleeting and often only the false flattery of those who want something from me. But deep in my heart, dear God, I know my true glory is rooted in the adoption covenant you signed by your grace. Thank you! Words cannot capture my appreciation, but I look forward to being eternally grateful in your presence for all that you have done. May all glory be yours in heaven, throughout the earth, and in my life, now and forever. In the name of Jesus, I praise and thank you. Amen.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

I was lucky, being retired I was given one fairly simple job to do by the Father.

Take care of St Peggy.

So when there is a drip in her hose, I grab tools and washers and fix it.

One morning I got a call, my dog lucy (Older black lab female) is under my deck and is stuck.
    So I grabbed some tools and figured out a way to get her unstuck.

And this summer when she had some bills, owed the IRS a thousand and wanted them off her back, and had a chance to fly to Alaska to reconnect with a son she had given up for adoption. Well she asked for 2k and I gave her 3k.

And a day later I heard those sweetest of words. "William Thomas thou good and faithful servant, WELL DONE, well done indeed!

Imagine my joy. Yes Lord, I hear you, I am listening, I come at your call Lord. I am YOUR sheep. I serve. Not MY will but THINE be done.

The Money was the Lords, I owed it to him.
    When St Peggy came back she had jam for me, keychains, a facemask for naps in Red and Black that says "Don't wake the BEAR!", fancy soap, all kinds of goodies.

Repaid in full. Thank you Lord.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master

Amen, I glory in the cross of Jesus Christ.