Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
WidenersReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Question about MP molds

Question about MP molds

Quick question, what's the chance I could him to make me a out of stock mold for a extra charge ?
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Boolit Master
    Well, I'm not sure how his supply is doing. But for a long time he had essentially come to a halt in production due to supply of materials as I understand it. That said, he had a quite heavy back order. And I'm not sure how much of a pain it is to do a single mold versus a run of dozens of molds. With all that out of the way, really the only way to know is to ask. He normally has a pretty speedy response. Just shoot him an email or message him on this forum.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I’ve heard he is very busy and doesn’t do one off custom molds anymore.

Zero chance.

He is to busy filling orders for “ordinary“ moulds.

Even group buys are stalled, demand for plain vanilla solid moulds was just to much.

I spoke with Miha few times, visited his shop few times.

When he makes something new, he must order two reamers so he must pay 2x300€ just for reamers.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamsek View Post
    Zero chance.

He is to busy filling orders for “ordinary“ moulds.

Even group buys are stalled, demand for plain vanilla solid moulds was just to much.

I spoke with Miha few times, visited his shop few times.

When he makes something new, he must order two reamers so he must pay 2x300€ just for reamers.
    But, I'll tell you what. He makes the best dang molds that I've had my hands on.... There is a reason he got backed up.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Quote Originally Posted by jdgabbard View Post
    But, I'll tell you what. He makes the best dang molds that I've had my hands on.... There is a reason he got backed up.
    Yes. I have 25 of his moulds in my inventory. My first choice.

Boolit Master
    Gamsek,

Those are beautiful! Man, I really love his molds. I don't have 25, more like 5 or 6. But I'll tell you what they are quite nice. My first experience with Brass molds was with one made by Mountain Molds. It's also very nice. But nowhere near as refined as MP's. I wish I had the cash to go visit his shop. I'd love to see his CNC setup, as I have some experience with CAD and CNC machines. But that's a long trip for a poor country boy from Oklahoma.

I'm jealous of your collection.

Boolit Master
    i don't care how busy he is or how nice his molds are. i messaged him twice several months ago and i'm still waiting for a response to my message. i will shop elswhere!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by porthos View Post
    i don't care how busy he is or how nice his molds are. i messaged him twice several months ago and i'm still waiting for a response to my message. i will shop elswhere!!
    There must have been something wrong in the Matrix... Every time I've reached out he has been very prompt in his responses. There is a reason he has the reputation that he has in the community. You might try his email, it's right on the front page of his website (at the bottom of the page). As a matter of fact, last time I ordered he responded within an hour or so, and I received my mold in under a week from the time of order. The only time I've had been delivery time is order overnight circuit boards from China that I had shipped DHL 2 day.

Boolit Buddy
    You didn't say which mold you want....if it's a fairly popular design just sign up on the "notify me" field.
    That will cost you nothing and you will get an email when it is back in stock.

Recently I wanted a MP 452-225 HP PB 4 cav and it was out of stock, I signed up and figured to wait a long time.
    Just checked my email.....
    I subscribed on Aug 15 and got the back in stock email Aug 21.....maybe it was just luck.

If you would post which one you want someone might have an idea how popular they are and how long it might be.

Boolit Master

Awesome molds. Waiting now for delivery of another. My first choice for a HP mold. Second only to Accurate for a solid mold.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdog91 View Post
    Quick question, what's the chance I could him to make me a out of stock mold for a extra charge ?
    What mold is it that you want? Be very specific in your reply.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cord View Post
    You didn't say which mold you want....if it's a fairly popular design just sign up on the "notify me" field.
    That will cost you nothing and you will get an email when it is back in stock.

Recently I wanted a MP 452-225 HP PB 4 cav and it was out of stock, I signed up and figured to wait a long time.
    Just checked my email.....
    I subscribed on Aug 15 and got the back in stock email Aug 21.....maybe it was just luck.

If you would post which one you want someone might have an idea how popular they are and how long it might be.
    I also signed up on the notify list for a mold around the beginning of Sep. I got notified last week and ordered it. It arrived today, one day ahead of schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakehouse2012 View Post
    What mold is it that you want? Be very specific in your reply.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by porthos View Post
    Are you sure that your e-mails got there in the first place? There are a lot of spam blockers and barracuda type email filters between us here in the U.S. and Slovenia.

I work in I.T. for a local utility company and some days I am amazed that anybody can e-mail anybody with all of the firewalls, filters, malware blockers, and rules between people.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdog91 View Post

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
    Popular one. No need to worry about long wait. And it’s a excellent one. Just put yourself on a “notify me list”’ and you are giving Miha signal he should prepare and execute.

Teaser

It will be 175grs with brass GC and no bullet lube (I guess lube add few grains?)

Boolit Master
    Sideways thread drift/hijack: The 312-159 boolits in the above photo - anyone use these in 30-30 Win? If so, are they good in that caliber?

Wolfdog why don't you start a WTB thread for the mold? Lots of folks here with duplicates.

Quote Originally Posted by 405grain View Post
    Sideways thread drift/hijack: The 312-159 boolits in the above photo - anyone use these in 30-30 Win? If so, are they good in that caliber?
    There was a discussion on one of FB casting sites and my friend from Australia wrote this about MP 312-159 HP:

“ Absolutely brilliant in the Winchester 94. I used to use the LEE 150 & 170g bullets, but the noses were very snug to chamber. I use the MP and sized them to .311" with no issues chambering, and great accuracy too. We are mainly using 9-10g Unique and shooting sillhouettes out to 200 yards, but they are a great small/medium game bullet as well.I'm sure the solid version would be effective on larger game too”

Boolit Master
    Gamsek: Thanks. I'll check out that mold.