Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxWideners
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: Sig 365 trigger

Sig 365 trigger

I have a Sig 365. It is surprisingly accurate and does well with boolits. I like the sights. The trigger absolutely sucks. Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket trigger parts in a 365?
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    I also have a 365. My first 9mm and my first plastic center fire handgun. It's taken me quite a while to warm up to it. Coming from 1911s I really had a hard time with the POI being behind the front sight, rather than on top of the post. And that trigger! The first shot pull is at least a mile long. I put a red dot on it and after getting used to that, (another first for me on a handgun), I could at least place my shots.
    I compete with a guy who was sponsored by Sig when he was younger and he really helped me learn to use the trigger. What I've learned to do is to pull straight through that first shot and then just release it to the reset point, (which is actually pretty short), and then all subsequent shots are fired from the reset point. The trigger pull is short and crisp from the reset point. It takes a little practice to learn this, but once you do, it really is an accurate pistol using the longer mags.

Boolit Master
    What don’t you like about the trigger?
    I shoot a P320 chambered in .357 Sig and the trigger slaps my finger when the firing pin strikes. It gets a bit annoying, but not enough for my time at the range to get cut short.

I am a trigger snob. I admit it. Most of the handguns I shoot are single action revolvers that have been slicked up. I shoot at ranges out to 200 yards with them. I value a good trigger. The Sig 365 is accurate enough to hit clay pigeons at 50 yards and more but the trigger is long, heavy, and creepy. That is what is wrong with it. I spend time getting loads worked up in my handguns that work for them. I expect small handguns to be soda can accurate at 50 yards with the right loads. I carry small handguns around the farm on walks and such not just for personal protection in town. I want a handgun to be good for something besides blasting a silhouette target at 7 yards. I find this is much easier with a good trigger.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master

Sig used to sell DAK triggers on their classic line (kinda in between DA & SA).
    Though a tad lighter & striker-fired, maybe the p365 inherited the DAK mechanism.
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

I agree on the trigger feel...my background revolves around the 1911 and Smith revolvers...all have superb triggers. That said, I shoot the 365 as well as any other auto in the safe. My 365 has improved with age (now over 1500 rounds), but still has that (dare I say it) glock feel; kindof like a rubber band take up with a glitch or two and then a release equally miserable. BUT I SHOOT IT WELL. BD's comments regarding his Sig friend recommending the pull through then release to the reset only followed by subsequent shots gives me hope that I can find a workaround method.

It shoots well but feels lousy.....I also have a P226, 225 & 229 that shoot well for me, and their DA/SA triggers feel nothing like the 365...different clockwork I guess. All in all, I like the 365, use it 50% of the time as my 'go to town' carry piece, and marvel at it's small size but duty size feel in the hand. With its 10 round capacity with the original stocks/mags, it gets my vote as the very best of the micro carry autos. Best Regards, Rod Pic below shot at 10 yds with American Eagle 124 gr FMJ's. It was the 2nd or 3rd mag full through the gun & shot from a Weaver Stance with no support. Superb accuracy, eh Komrads?

Rod

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    I am a trigger snob. I admit it. Most of the handguns I shoot are single action revolvers that have been slicked up. I shoot at ranges out to 200 yards with them. I value a good trigger.
    Spend time shooting a revolver DAO and apply the grip, sighting, and trigger control lessons to everything else. IOW, constantly correct sight alignment through the trigger press instead of hoping to find a trigger that breaks on a wish in some magical fairy land that only exists when the gun isn't wobbling. (Reality check: The gun is ALWAYS wobbling). Keep the sights correctly aligned in the zip code as you steadily press for that "surprise break" and the address will usually take care of itself. Once you get that sorted out to where a 2" hammerless J-frame becomes a useable 50 yard solution to an invasion of gallon milk jugs, a little grit, creep, and sponge will cease to be a problem for you.

I'm a trigger UN-snob. I don't have the luxury. I work in a world where lawyers make the rules, and I have to inspect and verify sight settings on whatever make and model with OEM guts gets brought to me, confirming that it's good to go without a set of bespoke custom grips and triggers "breaking like a glass rod". It really is better - and cheaper - to fix the Indian instead of the arrow. . .especially when the Indian feels the need to own a lot of arrows.

You aren't going to get a hammer/sear feel on a striker fired gun. Pretty much all of them involve a "sear-ish" plate sliding downward off of the firing pin to release it forward, so something kinda, sorta like a DAO wheelgun is about as good as it gets. The slide-straight-to-the-rear characteristics of the 1911's trigger are pretty much only found on 1911's (and water pistols), and all the flat trigger face in the world won't change the fact that almost everything BUT a 1911 pivots upward as it travels to the rear.

If that's a feel that you think you really need, look at the Staccato CS (and get your wallet ready for a wild ride). It's pretty close in size to the P365 Macro and Glock 48, holds 16+1 rounds of 9mm, and is a hand-fitted, red-dot-ready 1911 in all other respects. Might as well start with the silk purse to begin with.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

" I'm a trigger UN-snob. I don't have the luxury. I work in a world where lawyers make the rules, and I have to inspect and verify sight settings on whatever make and model with OEM guts gets brought to me, confirming that it's good to go without a set of bespoke custom grips and triggers "breaking like a glass rod". It really is better - and cheaper - to fix the Indian instead of the arrow. . .especially when the Indian feels the need to own a lot of arrows."

I consider handguns to be personal items. As such I want them to be the way I want them. I have no qualms about sticking up actions, changing grips, and sometimes changing sights. These are thing I can do myself at reasonable cost and I enjoy the process. I have bone stock handguns that I won't modify for various reasons. My favorites have been set up to be the way I want them. If bone stock handguns work for you and meet your requirements that's great. I wouldn't presume to tell you what size pants to wear or what kind of vehicle to drive. Those are your personal choices or requirements.

As to the 365, it has inherent accuracy above any small 9mm I have been associated with. I have seen aftermarket trigger parts that claim a 3.5 pound trigger pull. I was hoping to get some input from someone who has some experience with them as set out in my original post.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk