RepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What Handgun Will You Never Trade Or Sell

Boolit Master
    I’m in the none camp as well, most everything I have worth having to me and I worked to earn each and every one of them.

Boolit Master
    My Colt Python old version bright stainless steel papers box everything paid 327.00 for it years ago. Been offered 5000.00 for it by someone with to much money. NO Sale

Boolit Mold
    Two.
    Grand dads 12ga Parker Brothers
    Builder unknown, 9mm pinfire revolver. Liberated in Germany

Boolit Master

Newly acquired S&W Model 10 heavy barrel .38 spl. I have owned numerous S&W revolvers in the past, all were good but the model 10 with the heavy barrel is the best! It is extremely accurate and shoots to the point of aim. What a wonderful revolver. This particular revolver is an escapee from the HDSP (High Desert State Prison, California). Very fortunate to have gotten out of California!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by skeet1 View Post
    Newly acquired S&W Model 10 heavy barrel .38 spl. I have owned numerous S&W revolvers in the past, all were good but the model 10 with the heavy barrel is the best! It is extremely accurate and shoots to the point of aim. What a wonderful revolver. This particular revolver is an escapee from the HDSP (High Desert State Prison, California). Very fortunate to have gotten out of California!
    Is it stamped with HDSP? I posted a thread over on the SW forum about revolvers with various stamps and what they did to the value. At that time I was looking at a San Francisco PD stamped. Nice shape and I wasn't interested in the stamp but was curious. Seems there are collectors out there interested in those and some very specific in the PD they are after.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

The revolver is engraved on the left side near the trigger guard "CDC" and is eletro penciled on the right side plate "HDSP".

What handgun will I never sell? None of them - mechanical devices do fail and wear out, and shoot as much as I possibly can. I have nothing that is a real collectors item, (not yet), ultra rare OR ultra cool, no family heirlooms sidearms, so, no, if I need to or want to, I'll sell any handgun I own without a qualm as long as I can upgrade.

Boolit Master

I have a bunch of handguns, but listing the ones I would sell would be easier than the opposite.

I have a Ruger 22/45 Lite that I am going to sell. Mushy trigger and finicky with ammo. I also have a Glock G23 Gen 5 that I really don't love. Same with a Glock G35 that I bought for GSSF match use and never really shot it well. My Taurus G2c was bought for under $200 and just works way too well for the price. It is my official loaner pistol so will likely never sell it. May give it away if needed.

I will also never sell the Colt 1911 that my dad gave me the Christmas before he died. It was a project of his. He had some nice custom work done, but lost interest and gave it to me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E4hkW3duSmC2YgpsuU1EvA.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	319047

The S&W Model 29 that was his and in very good condition is another that will stay with me to the grave...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230729_190858.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	319049
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20230525_204927.jpg  
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234