Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackboxInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWideners
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Anyone have a KAL Tool Whitworth mould?

Boolit Bub

Anyone have a KAL Tool Whitworth mould?

Are Rick's hexagonal Whitworth molds a 2 piece mould? If you have used the mould to cast any boolits what is your impression of them? I've emailed Rick and getting ready to place an order but couldn't find any photos of the Whitworth moulds on the website but the cylindrical moulds with the adjustable base look very nice. What hardness of lead are you casting and what size do the harder boolits drop from the mould at?

Years ago when I bought my Parker Hale it came with about 100 hexagonal bullets that were made by the Polsinar Brothers in Europe and I had really good luck with those. However from what I can see they are no longer available.

Any info on the KAL moulds would be really appreciated.

Boolit Bub
    I finally found a picture of Rick's Whitworth mold and it looks impressive. I've sent him a PM for ordering instructions.

Boolit Master
    Here's another option from Pedersoli.
    https://shop.davide-pedersoli.com/en...al-bullet.html

It's expensive, but so is the rifle right?

Super Sneaky Steve I bought all of them so no one else could have them. Jest kidding.
    Dont pee down my back and tell me its raining.

Boolit Bub
    I looked at the Pedersoli mold and will probably buy one in the future. I really like the removable plug which I would like to experiment with some different ogive profiles. It would be easy enough to chuck the nose plug up in the lathe and modify away. The worst case scenario would be to make up some nose plugs with different ogive profiles out of O1 steel and go from there. One of the benefits of having a lathe and mill in the shop.

lead chucker,
    Do you shoot a Whitworth? Do you have any favorite loads? My go to load many years ago was 72.5 grains of 2f Swiss, a hard felt hexagonal wad, and a Polsinar Brothers bullet. With much younger eyes I could replicate a 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch group at a 100 yards pretty easily. When I ran out of the Polsinar bullets my accuracy changed some and the Whitworth has been in the safe since. Lately I've been thinking about trying some 1.5f Swiss to slow the burn rate down some.

No i don't. I was just making reference to a post he made the other day about buying all the caps at Walmart.
    Dont pee down my back and tell me its raining.

Boolit Bub
    The Kal Tool mold is on order.

Boolit Bub
    Received the mold from KAL tool in Winnipeg last week and the quality is impressive. Rick's machine work is excellent and I can't wait to cast a few up and try them in my Parker Hale Whitworth. The profile looks a lot like the old Polsinar Brothers Whitworth bullets that came with the rifle when I bought it many years ago. He ships them with the mold handles, paper patch template, and included a bag of hexagonal card wads too. Thanks again Rick!