RotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another big score at Walmart!

Quote Originally Posted by dondiego View Post
    The guy saw product that he wanted and bought it. Were you going to come to Michigan and buy it? Buy what you can when you can find it.
    He shouldn't buy more of anything than I deem necessary for him to have. I pretend to be a constitution loving patriot, but I whine and snivel about free market activity like a Marxist.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sneaky Steve View Post
    At least I'm not reselling them on gunbroker for $15/tin. All these will be sending balls down range. I've made caps and bought expensive caps. CCI needs to meet demand, that's not my fault.
    Why go to gun broker? You can't market them here?

Boolit Buddy
    The guy saw product that he wanted and bought it. Were you going to come to Michigan and buy it? Buy what you can when you can find it.
    +1 on that

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Swineherd View Post
    He shouldn't buy more of anything than I deem necessary for him to have. I pretend to be a constitution loving patriot, but I whine and snivel about free market activity like a Marxist.
    I live nearby. He stole it from me!

Boolit Grand Master

well stated.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

I live nearby. He stole it from me!
    Oh, it's true! Put him on the rail car for Siberia!

Boolit Buddy
    I am not going to criticize anyone for making sure you got enough shooting supplies. 23 tins of percussion caps isn't really a huge amount if you do a lot of black powder shooting. I was pretty well stocked up on ammo before this latest ammo shortage but when it started if I seen some ammo for sale I bought it. These dry spells trigger your mind into hoarding a bit. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.If you don't grab what you can for personal use the next guy is going to be buying it to resale on gunbroker.

Boolit Master
    I’ve come to figure that with places like Wally World if you got the jingle for any shooting supplies in your pocket grab what you can when you find it, otherwise it will be at the next gun show table marked up 100%.

I guess you all have never bought the last of anything on the store shelves when you wanted it and the price was good.

Hypocrisy.

Toilet paper or eggs, for instance.
    Last edited by Hannibal; 09-24-2023 at 10:07 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    I guess you all have never bought the last of anything on the store shelves when you wanted it and the price was good.

Hypocrisy.

Toilet paper or eggs, for instance.
    Very Well Supplied in our Storeage with both. Thank you.
    Last edited by MUSTANG; 09-25-2023 at 02:29 PM.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Mold
    A few years back after the muzzleloading season I happened upon ten tins of CCI #11 caps at Walmart that were on clearance for a very low price, I ended up buying all of them. I ended up giving all but two tins away to people that couldn't find any caps. No regrets, I was happy, and they were too. I guess it's all what you want to do with your "score".

Boolit Master

I would think, if I were to do some kinda questionable "maybe" dirty deed, which I have on occasion. I would make sure NOT to brag about it.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Electrod47 View Post
    I would think, if I were to do some kinda questionable "maybe" dirty deed, which I have on occasion. I would make sure NOT to brag about it.
    I don't consider buying percussion caps a "dirty deed" though.

Taking more than your neighbors think you need is a crime against the state, comrade. To the back of the bread line with you.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by metricmonkeywrench View Post
    I’ve come to figure that with places like Wally World if you got the jingle for any shooting supplies in your pocket grab what you can when you find it, otherwise it will be at the next gun show table marked up 100%.
    You're right about that. It took me a year and a half to buy a Playstation 5 at retail price.

Anyone who really needs caps can still buy them, just not at retail price.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/Percussion-Caps/search

Fact is Walmart made the rules, they set the price and the purchase limit. In this case there wasn't a limit so it's fair game. Most of the time I loose the game when trying to buy stuff like this. Once in a while I win. That's how the game is played.

Do you know what a "Struggle session" is, Steve?

Do you know what a "Struggle session" is, Steve?
    Yeah those are being proposed by elitists and their online shills now.
    The Chinese commie thing will work right up until it meets real Americans.

As to caps and primers, the information I have available says a production line cranks out 200,000 primers per 8 hour shift so 600,000 per 24 hours. This excludes other lines per company and excludes no name small companies that produce primers under NDAs for the big names.

There shouldn't be any shortage of any primers whatsoever. Even with hoarders and scambroker resellers.

I get the feeling the "Produce only what is needed" save the environment WEF model of redefined existence has something to do with these so called shortages.
    Last edited by Brimstone; 09-26-2023 at 02:00 PM.

Brimstone said it right. I for one firmly believe it is the government, not hoarders, not GB sellers. We are being lead down the trail of everything gun related becoming so expensive folks will one day just give up. Keep in mind the world and Joe Biden knows well how to disarm it's citizens, slowly but surely or by force. The 2nd means nothing to them and the NRA has no power at all.

Our government is corrupt, top to bottom.

I firmly subscribe to a personal philosophy of becoming un-disarmable. Are you fellows aware of a newly proposed ATF rule which would require private citizens to report any quantity of gun powder stored at their residence and maintain records of such a minimum of five years?

I'd figure the shortage of caps was that the places that make them, also make regular center fire primers.

They went all out producing primers to sell in loaded factory ammunition.
    Sure, making/selling the caps is profitable for them, but not nearly as much as loaded ammo,
    or selling to the factories that do- especially at a marked up price.

When loaded ammo supplies catch up,
    the 'extra' primers for us will be more plentiful, as will percussion caps.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast