RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee Precision
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon shipping funny

Boolit Grand Master

Amazon shipping funny

Had this happen a few times.
    I track my orders to see when the ship and when I hope I get it.
    Ordered a tarp and some bungee cords.
    Both came from the same place, Erlanger, KENTUCKY US, sent to, highland, kakaifornia US, and arrived here the same day.
    By the time stamp, they were on the same plane.
    Both suppose to come today.
    Bungee go there, but the tarp didn't.
    I checked the tracking for it.
    According to them, it was here, but went back to kakafonia, then got sent back here.
    It's suppose to be here again, and on it's way to my post office.
    I wonder how accurate the tracking really is????
    I've had this happen a few times in the past.
    I need the tarp.
    Not so much the bungees.

Boolit Grand Master

I sent something from NC To someone in Texas. It showed up a little ways from his house them went to Louisiana and up to CT. CT to Mass then back to CT and back to Texas. Wish I travelled so much
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

In my experience when you see tracking info like that the package is lost. It may still show up nut most times not.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Ordered 4 of the exact same oil filters for my ATVs from one vendor. One was delivered by Amazon delivery. Second one came via USPS a couple days later. The last 2 spent a week visiting multiple post offices here in NYS, multiple times, including my own town PO twice. About 10 days later they arrived at my mailbox.

Boolit Master
    My cousin sent me a present for Christmas middle of December, arrived in my mail box second week in February. That was before tracking so no idea where it was.

I had items "Get lost" in the 3 miles between Fargo and West Fargo.
    Whats more it took them 2 days to find it.

What reallly happened? Who knows, I suspect it got lost in the truck somehow.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master

Back about 2005 I ordered something from Amazon using tracking. For two weeks I watched it's progress as it went around the States of Nevada, California, and Arizona several times. Multiple times it could be tracked literally passing the house because of the two towns listed where it was at at X time Y date. Things seem to have gotten better; but many orders using USPS seem to only list Departing X big city, Arriving Y Big City, in Z hometown town, then listed as on it's way........ and then a few days later it arrives.

Longest time to get a USPS delivery? For me it was while I was in the USMC. Letter mailed in 1975 arrived and delivered to me in 1982.
    Last edited by MUSTANG; 09-18-2023 at 03:05 PM.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master

What amazes me even more than the wacky shipping is the cost of the shipping. Many times I have received things that if you or I had taken to the post office the shipping we would have paid is more than the cost of the items we ordered! How is this?
    Facta non verba

Boolit Buddy

I'm going thru that now, my drag link has been sitting Phoenix for five days. Says I should get it today, we'll see ....

Boolit Master
    Many of the shippers that send lots of packages (like ups and Amazon) minimize cost by not having the individual distribution people need to think too much. It's not really a bad system and it works-- but sometimes weird. The method is to scan the incoming package and put it on the first truck (or plane) going in about the right direction. So a package headed west gets on the first truck going west-- even if that truck drives past your city without stopping. If it went past your city, the next sort sends it back east. Usually it works like a pinball machine and gets to you in a reasonable time. Sometimes it goes back and forth like crazy. Happens a lot here in Winnemucca where packages head toward us either via Boise or Salt Lake city, and sometimes hit Reno before coming back to us. Sounds crazy but it actually costs less and can be faster than paying more people to make up special truckloads or planeloads.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Master

Breakage gets me. The Carrier breaks what the Shipper did not pack well. The Shipper pays for another package and another part. Probably as it should be...
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    In Arizona, I've had stuff disappear several times between our local PO and my house when it was "out for delivery" . . . . . never their fault though.

Amazon never ceases to amaze me . . . in AZ we have an Amazon distribution center that
    s about 8 miles away from our house. You can put in an order for a number of things that show they are in stock . . . they may show up on the same day - sometimes all im one box . . . sometimes each in individual boxes. Sometimes a small item gets packed in a large box waaaaay oversized for the item. Sort of gives me the idea that there are some employees working there with an "I don't care attitude".

I do know that since Amazon started contracting with the PO for some of their deliveries, some of the long time PO employees that I know - who are good employees - have started to wonder if they are working for the PO or if they are working for Amazon . . . .

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    What amazes me even more than the wacky shipping is the cost of the shipping. Many times I have received things that if you or I had taken to the post office the shipping we would have paid is more than the cost of the items we ordered! How is this?
    First, most big online retail outlets have volume based shipping contracts with UPS or another shipping company. For example, four times the dog vitamins the wife ordered from CHEWY.com arrived smashed into powder from being shipped with heavy bags of dog food. Each time I complained and they replaced the vitamins. The customer service reps said the company had a deal with UPS and pays $5 shipping per package regardless of size.

Second, If you get something from overseas there is a international postal agreement that subsidizes shipping charges from developing nations. To do this they collect surcharges on items shipped in developed nations like ours. That’s why it costs more to mail a package across the street than to mail a piece of junk to your home from China.

Boolit Master

Both usps & ups have similar problems it gets worse when the UPS drops the package at post office for the mail carrier to deliver sometimes it sits for a bit !
    I have had the USPS distribution center outside Chicago hold items for several days before passing them on to next center .
    My son has trouble with his UPS delivery person anything from Midway may be sent back or put on someone else's porch it does no good for him to complain the drivers are union and protected . I think it is a bit funny as my son works for the USPS .
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

I tried ordering a cleaning rod from one supplier 3 times. Every time it arrived it looked like a recurve bow. Ordered from a second supplier that packaged it correctly and it arrived unscathed the first time.

I'm not sure who paid for the first 3 but it wasn't me.
    Last edited by Hannibal; 09-20-2023 at 01:16 PM.

Boolit Master

Every couple months we get a package addressed to someone else. What the heck, maybe our delivery person used to work for the FBI or DEA. They seem to have trouble reading addresses too.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bmi48219 View Post
    Every couple months we get a package addressed to someone else. What the heck, maybe our delivery person used to work for the FBI or DEA. They seem to have trouble reading addresses too.
    We get our neighbors stuff all the time. I just mosey over and give it to them. I just had a Marvel Mystery Oil delivery tracked as delivered but never saw it. Never know I guess
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Quote Originally Posted by Bmi48219 View Post
    I once had a package returned to the vendor because of incorrect or unknown address. Everything was correct on the shipping address, but the shipper used the word "west" instead of just "W". The clerk at the post office couldn't explain why W works but West doesn't. I still have to tell people to use the address that the post office recognizes.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Buddy
    I have basically quit ordering via Amazon, because things won't ship for 2-3 weeks. Don't know why. Even when I had Prime, things never shipped quickly. I can find almost everything I need off individual sellers on eBay, and they all seem to ship almost immediately. Lots of places have their inventories on eBay.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Just had a small package of air fittings I can't get locally that time ordered from vendor on ebay go from CA to HI and now in AR where it belongs. Should have tomorrow, only a week late from detour.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast