Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: Cheap ammo listings on FB

Boolit Master

Cheap ammo listings on FB

Lately, there have been a plethora of FB ads touting very cheap ammunition. Please don't blow up the internet over merely mentioning FB. If the advertised prices, in this low supply and high demand environment, seems too good to be true, they probably arte!

When was the last time 12 ga., Federal, 2 3/4" shells of number 4 shot were $4.99 per box of 25? Saw that yesterday among a heap of other similarly cheap 410 shot shells, 9mm, 40 cal., and rifle loadings in factory boxes and standard quantities, at advertised prices that were INSANELY low.

Don't get scammed and no I did not "save" any of the ads for closer inspection. I suspect they are still out there, some even claiming "Going Out of Business". Beware...
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master

I did not think that was allowed over Facebook. I have seen a reloading equipment section, but it stresses no components.
    Last edited by Finster101; 09-17-2023 at 10:02 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Check and see if FaceBook allows ammunition to be sold .

I know they allow scamers to do their thing but if Ammo sales are not allowed ...
    ... Think Twice about It !

Just checked ..." the purchase , sale or trade of firearms , ammunition and explosives ... isn't allowed on Facebook . "

Think Twice before you send your payment , it may be too good to be true .

Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

If the payment method is Zelle or PayPal Friends & Family it's a scam.

I pretty much everything is a scam unless it’s a well known, trusted dealer with a long history of good business practices. It’s unfortunately where we are in 2023.

Moderator Emeritus

haven't seen ammo, but I seen a local guy had 500+ lbs of lead for a buck a lb...some in ingots some in mystery blocks. I believe the seller isn't the original caster of ingots, as alloy wasn't specified and it looked old. My educated guess by looking at the color (age-tarnish) of the ingots, some was near pure and some was probably WW. Same person had solder bars listed also.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    I pretty much everything is a scam unless it’s a well known, trusted dealer with a long history of good business practices. It’s unfortunately where we are in 2023.

So Sad ... But So True !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

yeah seen them hear in new york as off thursday ALL ammo must go through a FFL holder. this will stop crime. just watch

Boolit Buddy
    These are scams.

FB doesn't allow ammo to be sold in the marketplace and will eventually shut these posts/accounts down...But not before they've run off with people's money.

As was said above, if it's too good to be true it probably is and if they ask for payment via non-reversible means, it's definitely a scam.

FB standards are the lowest of the low. I swear I saw an add with a chick masturbating and it was all hunky dory for FB. But when I posted for sale some carp grip sinkers they deleted my add saying that I do not respect the policies. Absolutely disgusting.
    So scammers on FB is the norm.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Quick View Post
    FB standards are the lowest of the low. I swear I saw an add with a chick masturbating and it was all hunky dory for FB. But when I posted for sale some carp grip sinkers they deleted my add saying that I do not respect the policies. Absolutely disgusting.
    So scammers on FB is the norm.
    And THE reason I don't do Face Book ... in any way , shape , form or fashion ...
    I've lived 75 years without FB ... I can go a few more .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

I like FB for the meme's and jokes posted there (maybe posted elsewhere that I have yet to find), so I "put up with" the rest of the stuff, which I disregard (mostly).
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master

East Arkansas where I55 & I40 come together and then split
    I have bought lead on the market place but it was a fece to face deal.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    I did not think that was allowed over Facebook. I have seen a reloading equipment section, but it stresses no components.
    there are clubs on FB that specifically do clandestine trading of components. to get past the word censors.. people usually write the sales info on a piece of paper.. and put it with the items then upload the picture.. fb AI isn't smart enough to decode writing in the pictures....yet.

I'm a member of a few relaoding and casting groups.. and for the heck of it i'm subscribed to that trade' club.. just to see what comes up...

Boolit Master

yep the add is still up.??????????? I don't know FB enough to know what isn't allowed for selling.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

I saw that just today, and figured it was a scam.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Master

Before facebook gave me the boot for posting a blue hat that said "Biden Fetterman 2024 it is a no brainer" I was seeing several ammo ads a friend lost $150 ordering from one of them . He used a precharged VISA and they emptied it and facebook would take no action I did report another facebook and they erared my complaint as it was an advertiser!
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.