Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Friday, September 15

For Thought and Meditation - Friday, September 15

Good morning all. If I'm being honest, some of the time my anger is just petulance. Have a safe and blessed day.

Be Angry, But...
    -Dr. David Jeremiah

“Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath.
    Ephesians 4:26

What emotion motivated William Wilberforce to campaign tirelessly against England’s participation in the African slave trade? Or, in the same vein, what propelled Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., to protest against racial injustice in the United States? Even more importantly, how was Jesus feeling emotionally when He cleared the merchants and money changers from the temple in Jerusalem?
    We could say that anger was the motivating emotion—but not sinful anger. Anger in itself is not sinful; it is one of many human emotions that can lead to good or evil outcomes. Anger at injustice can lead to reforms that result in justice or to destructive behaviors that fuel further negative outcomes. The psalmist David warned against being angry in a sinful way. He advised meditation and stillness to sort through the emotion (Psalm 4:4). And the apostle Paul quoted David’s words with advice on relationships: be angry but don’t sin by dwelling indefinitely on your anger.

When you feel angry, ask yourself: Is my anger self-centered or will it motivate me to help others? Keeping anger on a short leash will help you decide.

When anger is present, look for the pain.
    R. C. Sproul
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen & Great lesson regarding discernment and self control - Thanks for putting it up this morning - God Bless
    Being human is not for sissies.