Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2WidenersTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, September 13

For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, September 13

Good morning all. I like this message, being accused of being "ambitious" myself, I'll keep the proper perspective. Have a safe and blessed day.

Generous Ambition
    September 13, 2023 - Dr. David Jeremiah

Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.
    Philippians 2:3

The notion of ambition often gets criticized—as if ambition is a bad thing. But ambition is nothing more than the desire to accomplish or achieve a goal via determination and often sacrifice. We could say that Jesus was ambitious in that He accomplished the work that the Father gave Him to do when He came into the world (John 17:4).

So why does ambition often have a negative connotation? Because ambition is frequently carried out with selfish motives and actions. That’s why Paul wrote that we should do nothing out of “selfish ambition or conceit.” He didn’t say, “Don’t be ambitious”; he said, “Don’t be selfishly ambitious.” A thin line divides noble ambition and selfish ambition, a line that Christ walked perfectly. He accomplished the work God gave Him to do by serving others in the process (Philippians 2:5-8).

We are to be like Christ—considering others before we consider ourselves. As you go about your day, look for ways to generously serve others as you pursue your tasks.

Many collapse under the weight and pressure of self-promotion and self-exaltation. But when God promotes, His promotion is sustainable.
    Vance K. Jackson
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen!

Boolit Grand Master

Very true, both statements.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!