Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
RepackboxSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: .410 brass cases

.410 brass cases

I was watching some you tube videos about converting 9.3x74 to .410 shot shell cases, The time involved seemed like a lot of work, but I had 100 new unprimed 9.3x74r cases.
    After doing some research I was better off selling of the cases and getting Magtech .410 cases. Which I did.
    Has anyone here used the .410 Magtech cases?

Boolit Master

following....I did the 9.3X74r bit for 100 rds..used up a pound of powder blowing those things to size...will use them for buckshot loads only. they don't fit all of my menagerie of .410's. Ballistic Products has new .410 brass regularly, so I will stay tuned with hk940 also
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Do you think BP cases are better than Magtech's

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    BP sells Magtech cases. One item of note: if you intend to load brass cases for 410 with commercial plastic wads, the Magtech is a loose fit. 444 Marlin brass is a good fit for plastic wads. Just for information's sake.
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

I had fire form 9.3X74r and they feed in my (2) 410 with out a problem , they work good in a 500 . I do not use wads in the brass ,I cut my own over powers and shot cards. When you can get the brass cheaper then the ones made for it . It dose not take much to fire form them. I use a low charge of powder .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Buddy
    https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...rass-410-today
    I'm currently fooling around with some.

Boolit Master

444 Marlin brass will work. I can put almost 3/4 oz of 7 1/2 shot in one with a plastic wad and a card overshot wad. I have used my 7.62 X 54 sizing die to make a mild rolled crimp over the wad. My cheapy Japanese 410s extractor will not reliably extract the brass cases. It does not catch the rim, but my fingernail will.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

A lot of good information here and other places on the web about Magtech brass.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/B...ls-/42-522803/

Another option is the more readily available 303 Brit to 410

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by trapper9260 View Post
    I had fire form 9.3X74r and they feed in my (2) 410 with out a problem , they work good in a 500 . I do not use wads in the brass ,I cut my own over powers and shot cards. When you can get the brass cheaper then the ones made for it . It dose not take much to fire form them. I use a low charge of powder .
    Trapper has it figured out!

Here is a "How to" thread with pictures and "How much of what to use" that I posted quite a while back in Prepper Talk:

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...ins-of-Red-Dot!

Ten grains of Red Dot equals 700 formed cases per pound. A quarter sheet of toilet paper wadded up on top of the powder is an improvement as well as a quarter sheet of toilet paper wadded up on top of the cream of wheat.

Magtech cases (hulls) are balloon head hulls and are very weak compared to rifle cases. Useable cases are .444 Marlin, 303 British, 9.3x63R, and 9.3x74R with the 9.3x74R being good for 3" Magnum loads and the rest for 2 1/2" loads. There are probably other useable calibers as well.
    Warning: Do not add extra wads to make the overshot wad be at the end for a load. Adding extra wads greatly increases pressures and can cause case head separations with rifle brass. I would hate to see what would happen with Magtech brass hulls or plastic hulls!