WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Sunday, September 10

For Thought and Meditation - Sunday, September 10

Good morning all. This Devotion from Phil Ware for today just spoke to my heart. Have a safe and blessed day.

God's Holy Fire: 'Adopted as His Own'
    Sunday, September 10, 2023 - Phil Ware

For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God's Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, "Abba, Father."
    — Romans 8:14-15 NLT

Key Thought

"She wanted a mother. She wanted me to be her mother. And I wanted to be her mother, but it could not be." My wife, Donna, said these words with tears in her eyes as she thought about precious Gladys, a nine-year-old who was in an orphanage in South America. Donna longed to adopt Gladys and make her a part of our family, but it was not possible because of the legal entanglements and restrictions. Donna's ache to share her love with this precious youngster gives me a window into God's heart and how he loves us. He wants to adopt us into his family. He paid the high cost of our adoption with the death of his Son, Jesus, on the cross. He brings us into his family and places his Spirit within us so we can call out, "Abba Father!" and know he is always near. Each of us as one of Jesus' disciples is God's child. He will not let anything separate us from his love for us in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:32-39).

Today's Prayer
    O Father, I cannot fathom your love for me! I do not understand it. I do not deserve it. I have not earned it. But I have yearned for it, and now I rejoice in it. Thank you! In Jesus' name, I thank you. Amen.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    Amen, great message.

Romans 8:32-39
    English Standard Version
    32 He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? 33 Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.[a] 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36 As it is written,

“For your sake we are being killed all the day long;
    we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”

37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Boolit Master

Amen, a great truth today.