Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load Data Wideners

Thread: did I say something wrong?

Boolit Master

did I say something wrong?

I responded to a post this morning regarding the use of 9mm x 147 gr. HST jacketed bullets in a 357 Magnum. That whole thread is gone. Was it removed or eliminated? Am I looking in the right forum? Is there a glitch in the Matrix?
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master

i imagine somebody got out of line, or there was name calling or something that caused the thread to be deleted. seams to be a reoccurring theme nowadays.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Land Owner View Post
    I responded to a post this morning regarding the use of 9mm x 147 gr. HST jacketed bullets in a 357 Magnum. That whole thread is gone. Was it removed or eliminated? Am I looking in the right forum? Is there a glitch in the Matrix?
    On occasion I check for, say, a reply on a post I made -- to not see it. Turns out I posted in a different subject than I thought I had. My resource is to go to My Profile which comes up if you click your name. Then, you can view posts you made. If you know this trick, and your post is gone, I have no idea(s). But -- I thought I'd share what I do, assuming someone else may be as forgetful as me . Good luck!
    geo

Just out of curiosity I followed George's directions and found it was still open.
    I have my system setup to subscribe to the thread when I post, so when I do this I can find it again. But you have to clean your subscriptions every so often.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...ng-interesting

OH, and you did not say any thing wrong
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Moderator Emeritus

the thread and your post is still there.
    go to your profile and click on "Find latest posts"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Old age raises it's weary head again.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post

OH, and you did not say any thing wrong
    This is wonderfully said!

The fact that he didn’t say anything bad is good, but what if he didn’t say anything, but thought bad?

Viam supervadet vadens.

Quote Originally Posted by jsizemore View Post
    Sclerosis is a wonderful disease, nothing hurts and every day there is news.

Viam supervadet vadens.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jsizemore View Post
    Got to admit to that. Somedays I know and can tell I am "off" just a little. Somedays I know I am "missing" a tiny bit. It must be the early onset of half-heimer's disease. I don't remember half of the stuff in the same way I used to remember all of the stuff. I don't tolerate the heat outside well and I get cold inside more often. Doors are kept locked for security. The dogs tell me when someone is in the driveway or at the door. Nobody uses the doorbell anymore although I am practically deaf as a post.

Found the thread - from the suggestions (and link) above! Thank you, everyone. I lost my way - that I used to know so well! One day I am going to have to put this hobby down - I hope before I make an irretrievable mistake. That is a sad thought after a lifetime of reloading and shooting.

Where, oh where, is the HDMI (Matrix) cable for downloading decades of reloading, shooting, and hunting knowledge to a younger generation that should not have to reinvent the wheel? I have Mentored a few who themselves keep the fire burning brightly, though they, in their turn, have forgotten me. Such is the way forward...
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    I have Mentored a few who themselves keep the fire burning brightly, though they, in their turn, have forgotten me. Such is the way forward...

And that is a sign of success. Many new to the hobby run into a difficulty and just need a little encouragement and guidance. Then we need to step aside and let them excel at their chosen rate of success. That is the reward for success. Some will stay in touch and can be a meaningful friend. Others are barely visible tail lights disappearing in the mist of time. That is also the reward for success.

Oh how many names do I still have in my address book, but have no clue what their screen name is to put the two together these days.

Boolit Master
    Got to admit to that. Somedays I know and can tell I am "off" just a little. Somedays I know I am "missing" a tiny bit. It must be the early onset of half-heimer's disease. I don't remember half of the stuff in the same way I used to remember all of the stuff. I don't tolerate the heat outside well and I get cold inside more often. Doors are kept locked for security. The dogs tell me when someone is in the driveway or at the door. Nobody uses the doorbell anymore although I am practically deaf as a post.

Found the thread - from the suggestions (and link) above! Thank you, everyone. I lost my way - that I used to know so well! One day I am going to have to put this hobby down - I hope before I make an irretrievable mistake. That is a sad thought after a lifetime of reloading and shooting.

Where, oh where, is the HDMI (Matrix) cable for downloading decades of reloading, shooting, and hunting knowledge to a younger generation that should not have to reinvent the wheel? I have Mentored a few who themselves keep the fire burning brightly, though they, in their turn, have forgotten me. Such is the way forward...
    If "they" could download that info, they wouldn't need to let us hang around anymore! Then what would we do?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bannister View Post
    ... Oh how many names do I still have in my address book, but have no clue what their screen name is to put the two together these days.
    I have a solution to that. I put CB and the user name before the IRL name in my contacts. Since I'm in several groups other that Cast Boolits, I use another symbol and the user name for those other groups too. Works for me, anyway!

Bill

Boolit Master
    Too late to go back 15-20 years and id them now. Some I suspect are from back in the CB-L days. Although most of those used real names. I have been putting that info in the notes for several years though. And usually the primary topic of discussion..

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bannister View Post
    Too late to go back 15-20 years and id them now. Some I suspect are from back in the CB-L days. Although most of those used real names. I have been putting that info in the notes for several years though. And usually the primary topic of discussion..
    The CB-L list is still alive, anyway, if that helps. It's at https://groups.io/g/CB-L Couldn't tell you how long anyone has been there, as I'm a pretty new member. You could always ask after folks you remember. There was a short thread telling us that Bill McGraw has passed. I didn't know him, but you might.

Boolit Master
    I do and I did, it was my post to the list. As reported on the CBA Forum by that forum member.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by georgerkahn View Post
    On occasion I check for, say, a reply on a post I made -- to not see it. Turns out I posted in a different subject than I thought I had. My resource is to go to My Profile which comes up if you click your name. Then, you can view posts you made. If you know this trick, and your post is gone, I have no idea(s). But -- I thought I'd share what I do, assuming someone else may be as forgetful as me . Good luck!
    geo

Learned something new today ... Thanks George

You wouldn't believe how many times I've misplaced threads and lost them ...
    ... I wish computers came with instructions ... how do you guy's find this stuff out .

Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

I was a member long before 2013 and lost my password, Oh well, I do remember the forum being without moderators. Still can not remember the password. Maybe I just had a dream or something, I do remember using my name instead of a handle.
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program