Load DataLee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Belding & Mull scope

Belding & Mull scope

My first exposure to Belding & Mull was my old powder measure, and I always associated the company with reloading tools. I have a couple inline re-decappers made by B&M also in my collection.
    Then a couple years ago I was selling a Ruger #1 in 7x57 to a buddy, and he asked if I was interested in his old scope as part payment. I looked at it, and found it very strange! I asked what it was and he said it was a Belding & Mull. Soo I took it as part trade.

I was somewhat infatuated with the fact that B&M used adjustable mounts at both front and rear, which allows for quite a bit more adjustment than any other old target scope I own. The rear mount has fine adjustment knobs, while the front has coarser screw adjustment pieces. It works really well, and optics are great. The tube is a bit larger at 7/8" vs. the usual 3/4" tubes.
    This one is a 7x power, and they were offered from mid 1920's thru 1940. After WWII they didn't go back in production again.

Boolit Grand Master

I read about them but I have never seen one. Very cool.

https://beldingandmull.com/about-belding-mull/
    An innovative line of target and hunting scopes was also produced by Belding and Mull. At the time they were released, the majority of hunters used iron sights on their rifles. The B&M hunting scope revolutionized hunting and made a believer out of many who said scopes weren’t practical in the woods, and were only for target shooting.

Reproduction 1935 catalogs available on eBay for $16.95

Belding & Mull Telescopes and Mounts 1935 Catalog
    29 pages, about 8 1/2" x 11", glossy soft-cover in full color. New re-print restored and digitally enhanced from a nice photocopy. Printed on high quality 20# 92 bright acid free paper. Fully Illustrated.

or here

https://cornellpubs.com/product/78/

https://cornellpubs.com/product/4305/
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 09-04-2023 at 10:12 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

B&M made two versions of these scopes, and some were hunting, while others were target scopes. The tubes vary over the years, and since getting mine I've seen pictures of others with full round tubes, and not the squared area at the rear mount like mine has.