Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: Does Anyone Collect Old Bullet Boxes

Boolit Buddy

Does Anyone Collect Old Bullet Boxes

I have an old bullet box given to me by on older gentlemen about 60 years ago. I is marked W-M Bullets, Herkimer N.Y. and 50 gr 8S. i can not bring myself to throw it away.
    The box is in good shape except for some damage to the top where there some additional markings. It has metal tabs on the corner of the lid and the corners of the bottom. Does anyone collect these type of boxes?

Boolit Grand Master

I use them for man cave decorations. Cartridge boxes are highly collectable and can be valuable. I've never seen or heard of people collecting bullet boxes but eBay would give you some insight to that.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

i think that stuff is cool. I have never heard of V-M Bullets and Herkimer is about 20 miles away.

Boolit Master
    I can’t let the old ones go, either. I have one of the original Nosler boxes with the bullet with the tiny grooves pictured on it, and others of the sort.

The “W-M” stands for Wotkyns-Morse. They did a lot of the early work on the points and ogives for .22 jacketed varmint bullets in the 30s.

Grosvenor Wotkyns invented the .22 Hornet. I think Morse was a bullet swage diemaker.

Boolit Buddy

Bent, Thanks for the info. It has some markings on the top but I could make out Wotk but that was all. The gentleman who gave it to me had some very nice benchrest rifles at the time. This was in the 1960s and i would guess him to be in his 70 at that time. It is very possible that he was involved in the varmint rifles in the 30s. I guess it will stay on my reloading bench as a reminder of those were before us.

Boolit Master
    I have a case of 70's-80's Winchester yellow box 148 wad cutter boxes in good shape if someone pays the postage. I hate to burn them.
    Last edited by 45DUDE; 09-06-2023 at 01:33 PM.