WidenersInline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: Help with an AR Scope in 30mm

Boolit Buddy

Help with an AR Scope in 30mm

Finished an AR15 in 7.62X39 early this year and since the only scope laying around was for an unfinished lever gun project I repurposed it to the AR. The scope has an illuminated red dot in a circle - don't know what it's called but thought that reticle a good fit for a short range lever gun pest control and deer rifle. It sucks for load development on the AR. Since I have already popped for the 30mm AR scope mount I'd like to keep it. So, I am in the market for a 3-9 (though flexible) X 30 to 40 with a duplex reticle w/o externally adjustable windage and elevation knobs. The 30mm tube has been the sticking point. I don't buy scopes very often and was amazed at the number of scopes out there today, most of whom are CCP made and I have never heard of. Money is an object - within reason.
    Last edited by scottnc; 09-04-2023 at 10:44 AM.

They’re certainly available, some under $50. What do you mean without externally adjustable windage and elevation? Virtually all scopes today have that, esp those suitable for an AR. Or am I really missing something???
    Never trade luck for skill.

Boolit Master

I think he means capped turrets, not exposed knob target turrets.

Boolit Master
    I just bought and mounted a Vortex Sonora from PSA. Should fit your needs, but I think it goes to 12x and is 44mm on the objective.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by sigep1764 View Post
    I just bought and mounted a Vortex Sonora from PSA. Should fit your needs, but I think it goes to 12x and is 44mm on the objective.
    I'll check it out. Thanks.

gumbo -my bad, I did mean that I prefer capped turrets.

No problem. Lots of 30mm scopes out there. Natchez and Optics Planet (among several) have a bunch.
    Never trade luck for skill.

Boolit Buddy
    After . . . lost count of the days looking, I popped for a Sig Sauer. The 30mm tube has been holding me up. Not that there aren't any offerings but the 30mm tube seems to fall in the pricey end of many offerings. Also didn't get to scratch off all my list of wants (actually don't wants). Bought the Sig SOW43003 4-12X44 w/what Sig calls a "quad-plex" reticle (duplex is more my style). It has good reviews and it was on sale - everywhere. I suspect the on sale "fix" mighta been in effect to boost sales. EBay, Walmart, Amazon and slew of independants - all the same price.

Don't recall who suggested Sig but thanks to ya! Otherwise I never would of thought to go there.