RepackboxLee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Hollywood Senior, and Herter's Turret, presses for sale

Boolit Master

Hollywood Senior, and Herter's Turret, presses for sale

I've accrued some unexpected expenses that require that I sell a few things. These are the first of those.
    I have a Hollywood Senior single stage press that is in very good condition, to send to a new, loving home.
    There is no shellholder or priming arm, but it does include a dust cover.
    I'm asking $325 plus shipping charges.
    Second is a Herter's Model 234 Turret press. It's in solid working order, and has one shellholder included (it's all I have for it!). One of the 6 stations has an insert to accommodate the Lyman Tru-Line sized dies.
    I'm asking $275 for it, plus shipping charges.
    If your interested, but think I'm priced unreasonably, please contact me via PM with your counter offer.

First unconditional I'll take it, will be honored as the new purchaser.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hollywood c.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	317577

Name:	Hollywood a.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	317579

Name:	Herters 234 f.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	317578

Name:	Herters 234 d.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	317580

Name:	Herters 234 b.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	317581

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master
    Pm sent.
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Master
    Both are still available, and I'll split the shipping charges with the buyer.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master
    To the top!

Boolit Master
    Reduce both presses by $25, and I'll still split the shipping.

Boolit Master
    $300 shipped for the Hollywood Senior
    $250 shipped for the Herter's Model 234 Turret press

Don't make me put them on eBay!! Please!

Boolit Master
    Back to the top

8. 09-26-2023, 05:45 PM
    Reason
    discussion

Boolit Master
    And if your buyer needs a certain shell holder I have many extras. Plus Hollywood Bob has the primer posts and a universal shell holder adapter that will hold RCBS type snap in shell holders.
    PM me for his number if someone wants it. Hope this helps with your sale.
    John Wayne
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the help guys.
    I'm heading up into the Seven Devils area to help a friend with his Elk hunt. Leaving Monday, and won't be back until around the 10th. If anyone has any questions or offers, please get with me before Monday or we'll have to postpone things until I get back.

Boolit Master
    Back from the Elk hunt already - friend killed a nice big Cow Elk, on the third day of the season!

Is there any interest in these two presses??
    Let me know and send along any offers. I may say no - or Yes! - but I won't be insulted.

Plenty of interest here, what the going rate on the missing parts?

From eye balling the hollywood I think I have 3 primer posts that will fit that press, Free to the new buyer, Just pay shipping. Small, large and shot shell. shell holder adapters are easy to find. Lee makes the shell holder inserts, Just get the ones with the larger pass though holes!
    Last edited by super6; 10-08-2023 at 11:35 AM.
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Boolit Master
    Thanks super6!
    Brassmonkey, I am checking on some shell holders. What cartridges or caseheads are you planning on using it for?

Boolit Master
    I have purchased a group of 10 shell holders for the Hollywood Senior.
    1 ea. for 30-06, 30-30, 300 H&H, 243 Win, 223 Rem, and 38 special
    2 ea. for 45 Auto Rim and 45-70
    I will include 2 of your choice with the purchase of the press.

The hollywood senior I have been using takes standard shell holders. Is yours set up differently?

Mostly 30.06 base 30-30 30-40 and 45-70

Boolit Master

Name:	20231019_204434.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	319075

Name:	20231019_205041.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	319076

Name:	20231019_204951.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	319077

The ones I have are all original style. You can purchase a shellholder adapter for $20 on Midway USA's site. Then you could use the standard RCBS, Lyman, and Lee shellholders.
    Last edited by obssd1958; 10-19-2023 at 10:57 PM. Reason: adding info

Boolit Man
    Watching

Boolit Master
    Midweek bump...

Honestly, I thought the Hollywood would be a quick sale, considering what I have seen them sell for on other venues. And the Herters is unique and useful enough, I thought it wouldn't be far behind!
    Just never can tell.

Boolit Master
    Sunday morning bump

Boolit Master
    Last time up!

$300 shipped for the Hollywood Senior
    $250 shipped for the Herter's Model 234 Turret press

I have purchased a group of 10 shell holders for the Hollywood Senior.
    1 ea. for 30-06, 30-30, 300 H&H, 243 Win, 223 Rem, and 38 special
    2 ea. for 45 Auto Rim and 45-70
    I will include 2 of your choice with the purchase of the press.