MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading EverythingLoad DataWidenersLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: Marbles rear peep sight for Pedersoli Rolling Block

Boolit Master

Marbles rear peep sight for Pedersoli Rolling Block

can anyone tell me for certain if the adjustable marbles tang peep sight that is listed for the Uberti rolling block will fit the Pedersoli Rolling block? Marbles has no clue.

Boolit Master

Probably will work. My first BPCR was one of the old 'Navy Arms' RBs (made by Pedersoli) and, while a Marble worked 'okay' for sighting, I quickly tired of counting clicks (and trying to remember how many and which way) to make adjustments and replaced it with a Lee Shaver...still have that rifle and have never, for a minute, regretted getting rid of the Marble sight. Two more comments: (1) Completely agree that Marble's customer service hasn't a clue. (2) If you get a Marble tang sight, make certain comes with both the 'short' and 'long' staff...if it doesn't, see comment #1.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Man
    I purchased a Marble 991011 tang sight and the holed did not line up with my Pedersoli roller. I had to drill and c-bore another hole to make it work. Also the standard staff was not long enough to get to 200 yards, not sure if it would work for 100 or not. I would suggest getting a longer staff if you go this route.
    If you are just looking for a hunting sight this will work but I agree with Bill. If you want to do more or shoot farther get a good quality tang sight. Yea they can be a bit long and get in the way at times but they are well worth it.
    Sam

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nuclearcricket View Post
    I purchased a Marble 991011 tang sight and the holed did not line up with my Pedersoli roller. I had to drill and c-bore another hole to make it work. Also the standard staff was not long enough to get to 200 yards, not sure if it would work for 100 or not. I would suggest getting a longer staff if you go this route.
    If you are just looking for a hunting sight this will work but I agree with Bill. If you want to do more or shoot farther get a good quality tang sight. Yea they can be a bit long and get in the way at times but they are well worth it.
    Sam
    i already have montana vintage sights on my sharps and high wall and i really dont want to spend another $750 dollars for a rifle that im just gonna hunt with and shoot gongs out to 300 yards.

Boolit Master
    The marble sight come in three heights. Make sure you get one tall enough.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Have you checked hole spacing yet? That should answer the question as to what Marbles spacing you need.
    I personally wouldn't want the Marbles tang sights simply because your elevation adjustment will be so limited. I doubt you'll get much beyond 100 yds., which really hampers any thoughts of trying to shoot further later. Might as well get a tang sight with more elevation, even if you're only shooting 100 yds. now, as most guys will begin to stretch their shots further as they enjoy their single shots more.

Boolit Mold
    Not to mention considerably more expensive~!!

Boolit Mold

Long range tang sight

Keep you eye on Ebay. There's a long range Creedmore style site that appears pretty regularly. Measure your bolt hole spacing provided on your upper tang. There are three on there right now 10/30/2023. I happen to have one that measures 1-1/4" center-to-center id that might work for you. I'll never use it with my eyesight.

1) https://www.ebay.com/itm/25626010970...Bk9SR4bMkM7vYg

2) https://www.ebay.com/itm/26647466838...Bk9SR4jMkM7vYg

3) https://www.ebay.com/itm/20451385597...Bk9SR4rMkM7vYg
    Last edited by colt45sa; 10-29-2023 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Had additional comment to make