MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Loader Forum is Back!

Boolit Grand Master

Lee Loader Forum is Back!

Some of you love them and some of you hate them, but Lee Loaders and the plethora of products that followed them are part of the reloading landscape. As such, it’s worth noting that the long absent and inactivity the Lee Loader Forum is back up and running. I usually check once a month or more but I missed the fact that the site is back up as of 10 August apparently.
    Glad you’re back, Ranch Dog!
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    Some of you love them and some of you hate them, but Lee Loaders and the plethora of products that followed them are part of the reloading landscape. As such, it’s worth noting that the long absent and inactivity the Lee Loader Forum is back up and running. I usually check once a month or more but I missed the fact that the site is back up as of 10 August apparently.
    Glad you’re back, Ranch Dog!
    Froggie
    Good news!

Boolit Master

OH YEA, I scrolled top to bottom and bottom to top of the whole forum and could not find it as a forum or sub forum!
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Master

Is this the forum you are talking about?

https://www.lee-loader.com/index.php
    Remember the Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Boolit Master

I was a member years ago and after seeing this I tried to log on to the site. No go. Tells me I used a wrong password and it was my original password from my notebook. Wrote them a note and we will see if they allow me back on. james

Many of us cut our teeth on the old whack-a-mole.

Boolit Grand Master
    TNSailorman, I just went to the site, following the link provided above, and logged right on with my stored password. I’m sure you will be able to make it back on soon.

Like many others here, I have a sort of love-hate relationship with the various Lee products, but the ones I like, I really like. I haven’t used a Lee Loader set to actually load ammo for a couple of decades, but I won’t give up my old single load hand primer tools with the screw in shell holders. I use those all the time!

Anyway, if you want to find information about or discuss any of the Lee products, current or past, they are interested in the subject there. I might even run into you there myself.

Froggie

I love the Lee Loader!!
    I started out reloading .44 Magnum with a Lee Loader, a set of their powder dippers, and a Lee Auto-Prime. My LGS was a very small Mom-n-Pop operation that was well stocked with reloading stuff, including their own in-house cast boolits. Happily, they offered the Lyman #429348 185 gr .44 wadcutter.
    So, right out of the gate, I wound up with a winning light .44 load using that boolit and the 1.0 cc dipper of Unique powder.

If you're systematic about it, you can load 50 rounds of ammo with a Lee Loader quite efficiently, time-wise.

Boolit Master

Green Frog, I went to the site last night and managed to get onto the place to change my password and it worked. I am now back on site, hope to see you there also. james

Boolit Grand Master

Good news! A few years ago, 2013, I got tied of all the Lee Haters voicing their "opinions" (many, many unfounded) and searched then joined Lee Loaders forum. Very good, friendly, unbiased, informative forum for us "low life Lee lovers"...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master
    I joined it too and look forward to interacting with all these nice folks. I always wondered who Ranch Dog is. Now I know.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 6string View Post
    I love the Lee Loader!!
    I started out reloading .44 Magnum with a Lee Loader, a set of their powder dippers, and a Lee Auto-Prime. My LGS was a very small Mom-n-Pop operation that was well stocked with reloading stuff, including their own in-house cast boolits. Happily, they offered the Lyman #429348 185 gr .44 wadcutter.
    So, right out of the gate, I wound up with a winning light .44 load using that boolit and the 1.0 cc dipper of Unique powder.

If you're systematic about it, you can load 50 rounds of ammo with a Lee Loader quite efficiently, time-wise.
    6string must have 3 hands and a big hammer to crank out 50 rounds with speed.

Boolit Grand Master

Speed is often mentioned as a problem with Lee Loaders. But, check this out; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeEl9wZyabc

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lightload View Post
    6string must have 3 hands and a big hammer to crank out 50 rounds with speed.
    Actually, if you're batch loading, you should be just about as quick with a Lee Loader as with a single stage press. And you don't have to waste time changing dies in the press!

Boolit Mold
    I just signed up for an account on the Lee forum as well, new here so I'm trying to learn and take in as much knowledge as I can. Hopefully they approve my account soon. I've been doing alot of studying, reading different load data and stuff like that, I learned something very interesting about the Lee Classic I'm about to make a post about.

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome to the wonderful, oft confusing, frustrating world of reloading and casting boolits. I usually make Castboolits my first daily forum stop, and I usually find info on just about everything dealing with cast boolits.

Go slow, double check everything and most important, have fun...

Boolit Mold
    Hi, just rejoined after years, I'm looking for a 41 magnum lee loader. Any ideas? Thank you Dean

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dean1957 View Post
    Hi, just rejoined after years, I'm looking for a 41 magnum lee loader. Any ideas? Thank you Dean
    You might try posting a “wanted to buy” message on both this and the Lee Loaders forums. Sets in 41 Mag aren’t real common but maybe you’ll get lucky.
    Good luck!
    Froggie

Boolit Master
    Never used one. But wish I had one for 16ga and 20ga. Sort of hard to find these days, and usually with a hefty price. They've got their place though.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

The other day I loaded a handful of 45-70 cast/ Unique shells with a Lee Loader in the time it took my buddy check out his new Henry with factory loads.
    I also have one for .223 and a Target model for the 30-06.
    Pretty neat things, I say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast