Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Load DataReloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: S&W model 60 project

Boolit Man

S&W model 60 project

Just acquired a sock drawer model 36 to use for a long wanted project. Have carried a model 60 as a kit gun for 35+ years, killed 2 deer and a few eating size pigs with it. Bought a parts kit 36 for the 3 inch barrel that was on the cut frame.Both the parts kit barrel and the sock drawer gun have pinned barrels and they "should" fit together ok. I want the 3" barrel for, a small increase in velocity,and as a place to mount a rail for a small red dot. Taurus is fitting a 3" 38 with a small red dot sight and it seems to be working. I am starting into my 70th year and the eyes are not as good as they once were, I have a small 22 WMF rifle with a red dot that works well for me, want to try one on a small pistol. Time to scratch that itch. If you see anything I am missing or overlooking - please point it out. Thanks Danny

Moderator Emeritus

Check the height of the front sights. You may need a bit of file work on the 3". I am also heading in to the 70's with the next birthday and hear you about the eyes.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Man
    I have a 1940's lathe and milling machine, like me ex Navy. Am going to build a small rail that screws to the barrel and cantilevers back over the top strap, don't want to drill the top strap( sorry Bubba). can return it to original by swapping back the stock barrel. Ordered some leather to make an inside the pants holster to hold it. Exploring the world of small red dot sights this weekend, will do a barrel swap(or at least start) tomorrow after Church.

Have you tried Point Shooting? https://www.ssusa.org/content/everyt...oint-shooting/

Just use the front sight like a shotgun.