MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
WidenersRotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Book of Life...When is your name entered or Blotted out?

Boolit Buddy

The Book of Life...When is your name entered or Blotted out?

When is your name entered and Why?
    When is your name Blotted out and Why?

If possible, what scripture helped form your opinion.

I will post a list of scriptures in the next post that helped me form mine.

Boolit Master
    I don't know on either or any count; all I know is; I died and was sent back..... Why ????

Boolit Buddy

Here is what I think

This is what I think and why I think it is important?

I have heard it preached that one needs to get Saved so that they can have their name written in The Lambs Book. This has always bothered me because I don’t really see any scripture to support this doctrine.

Indeed, people who are saved have their names in the book… but, when was it written in? The only time line that is referenced in scripture is “From the foundation of the world”
    On the contrary there is plenty of scripture written with regards to either being blotted out or not being blotted out and remaining in. but nothing saying do this, that or the other and get written in.

So, with that in mind, my personal doctrine is that every human spirit (which is created in GOD’s image) is written in the Lamb’s book “From the Foundation of the world” even to include a child in the mother’s womb. A person has to reject the LORD in order to be blotted out.

Reject The LORD – Will be Blotted Out
    Believe on The LORD – Will NOT be Blotted out (not written in)

Why is it important? Major doctrines hinge on this very issue… for Example
    Salvation. If it takes you being born again (Saved) to have your name written in the Book, then that would mean that your Salvation would not be secure.
    Stated differently, you could lose your salvation and be blotted out of the Book of Life

I submit that ALL names are written in The Lambs Book of Life from the beginning and when a person gets born again that ink is sealed until the day of redemption and cannot be blotted out.

Those who have been blotted out or will not blot out

Revelation 3:5 - He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Exodus 32:33 - And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Psalms 69:28 - Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.

Exodus 32:33 - And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Those whose names are either found or are not found in the book of life depending on whether they have been blotted out or are still found since the foundation of the earth

Revelation 13:8 - And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Revelation 21:27 - And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Revelation 20:15 - And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Luke 10:20 - Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Revelation 17:8 - The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by BLAHUT View Post
    I don't know on either or any count; all I know is; I died and was sent back..... Why ????
    So I am curious... what did you see?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama358 View Post
    So I am curious... what did you see?
    All I can remember is trying to get through the vail, like swimming through honey, very bright, pure, white light, something like, take a plastic galleon milk jug, wash it out, go out side on a very clear day and look at the sun through the milk jug. When I got clear of the vail, I was back here..... And in sever pain...

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by BLAHUT View Post
    All I can remember is trying to get through the vail, like swimming through honey, very bright, pure, white light, something like, take a plastic galleon milk jug, wash it out, go out side on a very clear day and look at the sun through the milk jug. When I got clear of the vail, I was back here..... And in sever pain...
    Sounds like you were heading in the right direction.

Boolit Master
    The Book of Life:

.... Major doctrines hinge on this very issue…

Salvation. If it takes you being born again (Saved) to have your name written in the Book, then that would mean that your Salvation would not be secure.

I submit that ALL names are written in The Lambs Book of Life from the beginning and when a person gets born again that ink is sealed until the day of redemption and cannot be blotted out.
    I agree, for all the reasons you've stated plus a couple.

Well all I know is I asked the Lord once after I was called to his service if this meant I was going to heaven?

I got a laugh, a Yes, no doubt about it, your name is written in the book.

So I asked if there was anything I could do that would get me "crossed out" or erased from the book.

Another laugh, No Bill, I don't see you doing anything that could cause that. You would have to turn against me totally, stop believing, join Satan and even then I'm not sure.

Ok.

Lord, I have one last question, sorry to be a pain. I suspect a week of sitting around at your feet singing Hosanna's would have me organizing a revolution in heaven.

(Big laugh) Yes Bill you might be right. So I guess what I'm asking Lord, is whereabouts my corner of heaven might be located at?

He replied, how about a corner far from the holy city, close to the rainbow bridge and close to the Happy Hunting ground. Do you think that would suit you.

Lord you know me better than I know myself. I think that would do just fine. A little playing with pets waiting for masters, a bit of hunting and fishing. Yeah, that will work.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    Sounds like you were heading in the right direction.
    Understand me; I have no fear of death; I do have a fear of lingering, waiting for death to take me !

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    The Book of Life:

I agree, for all the reasons you've stated plus a couple.
    Please feel free to sprinkle them in to further the discussion.

Boolit Master
    Convicted by the Holy Spirit, Saved by Grace.
    We do have a chance to get it wrong, our free choice,
    as the deceiver gets his chance to lie "Did God really say?".
    How many are lost because they never heard the Good News first
    to be armored against the lies of the world?

Matthew 12: Jesus said it

The Unpardonable Sin
    (Mark 3:28-30)

31Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
    Amen

We have to study the word.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    We have to study the word.
    So....pencil you in for everyone's written in before conception or... written in after, at some point in your life?

So....pencil you in for everyone's written in before conception or... written in after, at some point in your life?
    Either / or? I've passed through the water, I'm grown up, walking around and made the decision to accept Jesus so categorize me as whatever feels comfortable!

To wax serious a moment, you can be chosen from when God knew you before. And you can obtain salvation by faith in Jesus (being saved). And if someone died without ever hearing about the savior then there's a plan for them too. All that stuff is way above our pay grade so yeah, what I said was we have to study the word (to learn the regs even if we don't always get it about why the regs say what they do).

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama358;
    Indeed, people who are saved have their names in the book… but, when was it written in? The only time line that is referenced in scripture is “From the foundation of the world”
    I have no idea when things get written in the "book".
    I did some searching on that phrase and I came up with several Bible passages that stated "Before the foundation of the world. (See Eph 1:4-5, 1 Peter 1:20, Revelation 13:8)
    More translation issues it seems, which just adds confusion. "From", Before, "Since" have their own different meanings when used.

So, with that in mind, my personal doctrine is that every human spirit (which is created in GOD’s image) is written in the Lamb’s book “From the Foundation of the world” even to include a child in the mother’s womb.
    Well, "every human spirit" already includes the child in it's mother's womb.

Your own personal doctrine, eh? <grin>

If it takes you being born again (Saved) to have your name written in the Book, then that would mean that your Salvation would not be secure.
    I am confused on that statement about Salvation not being secured if you are "saved".
    If you are "saved" you receive the gift of Salvation and get an express trip to heaven, don't you?

Hmmm...so if your name is blotted out of the book, you do not go to heaven but end up in "The Lake of Fire".
    However, all of our sins have and will be forgiven....if "saved". (Paraphrasing what the Bible says.)

Somewhat of a contradiction there with that passage.
    More confusion. <sigh>
    1A - 2A = -1A

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
    I did some searching on that phrase and I came up with several Bible passages that stated "Before the foundation of the world. (See Eph 1:4-5, 1 Peter 1:20, Revelation 13:8)
    More translation issues it seems, which just adds confusion. "From", Before, "Since" have their own different meanings when used.

I am confused on that statement about Salvation not being secured if you are "saved".
    If you are "saved" you receive the gift of Salvation and get an express trip to heaven, don't you?

Hmmm...so if your name is blotted out of the book, you do not go to heaven but end up in "The Lake of Fire".
    However, all of our sins have and will be forgiven....if "saved". (Paraphrasing what the Bible says.)

More confusion. <sigh>
    Our father is not the author of confusion.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post

More confusion. <sigh>
    Mr. Rizzo...
    I remember you. You are the guy with... shall we say very California type ideas such as,
    You believe in Jesus but not his teachings
    You believe in reincarnation and not eternal salvation with the LORD
    You think the bible is full of errors and contradictions etc.

If I thought you had an ear to hear I would try to help... but I think you are just a sower of strife.

Here is a little Old Testament and New Testament wisdom for you to ponder...

Matthew 7:6
    Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Proverbs 23:9
    Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.

Boolit Master
    California Christian... like in the movie "Jesus Revolution"?
    Watch the movie to see how "religion" failed the baby boomers.
    And the baby boomers failed religion.
    But Jesus saves. He said judge not...

Spent two weeks in California once, as a Yankee I can't say Big Sur.
    Comes out Big Sewer and they get really mad.

I'm not sure if we are supposed to understand the whole Word.

Proverb 3
    5Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

7Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

Amen

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by .429&H110 View Post

But Jesus saves. He said judge not...
    I think that (Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.) has become a platitude or a battle cry for those who seek inaction or silence and also to silence critics of bad behavior.

For example, if you read down just 5 more lines (Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.) Without a judgement call how could one decide which are the dogs and swine that Christ is commanding you not to cast biblical pearls of wisdom to?

Without a judgement call... how can you teach your children about Good People vs Wicked People, Good behavior vs bad behavior

Without a judgement call... how could you minister to a friend struggling and going down a bad path if your afraid to call good good or wickedness wicked.

Imagine sitting in a church and every time the preacher was teaching about bad behavior or coming out against a wicked group or person... someone in the back yells "judge not less ye be judged"

I think all of these Judgement calls (that we are required to make) have to be backed up by the Word and not our personal opinions...

Therefore if your judgement calls are formed and based in The Word... are they really yours?

Forgive the tangent...maybe should have been a separate thread

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    Our father is not the author of confusion.
    Yet, I read some passages in the Bible and find them to be confusing.
    Who authored those confusing (to me) statements?......God, or someone inspired by God.

Jesus would make some statement that confused His disciples where they said to each other something like "What the heck is He talking about?" Jesus , who intuitively heard that, addressed the disciples.
    1A - 2A = -1A

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast