Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slow, slow, slow

Moderator Emeritus

Back to snail paced...

Boolit Master

Rockin today!!

Boolit Master

Still slow, but...I appreciate what our fellow shooters do for us.

The load and refresh speed has been all over the place lately and I have frequently had the site time-out on me, BUT even with these challenges this site absolutely rocks.

From what I can tell this is a "not a for profit" enterprise and I can not imagine what it takes to keep something like this thing afloat on a wish and a prayer budget. I for one am very thankful and accept both the good and not so good. I doubt upping your membership contributions would hurt and may just help.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    30 second delay. Better than yesterday.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I'm still experiencing problems as well. This morning, it took forever to open up the site and then it was slow for about twenty minutes when I opened up different threads. For me, it seems to "come and go"

I'm not a computer whiz . . . but I clear my history daily or sometimes several times a day as someone mentioned doing that IIRC in one of the other threads about this issue. I have shut my computer down and rebooted it - still and issue.

I don't have this issue with any of the other sites I have bookmarked - they open up instantly. In fact, we just switched to another Internet provider who put in fiver optic and our internet is much faster than the Comcast Xfinity we switched from.

Odd that it seems to come and go . . . . last winter in AZ . . . we are on COX Communications there . . . I experienced the same issue at times. Some tried telling me it was our Internet service, but this site was the only one I had issues with??? We have more than ample service both here in MI and in AZ as my wife streams the TV and with that on, her using her iPad and on the Mac Laptop at the same time, there are no issues with other sites? a

So is this a "site issue"?????

I'm not "complaining" as I now issues can occur, just odd that there have been a number of threads complaining about the issue, but I don't believe I have seen any kind of response from the powers that be in regards to it?

CEO/CFO GunLoads Gunload Master's Avatar
    Basically ive been bandaiding this forum with this old software for a few years. I havent been a huge fan of the new forum software and the upgrades will really change the look and feel of this place. Unfortunatly all the backend server software that supports this old software is way outdated and not supported... so basically im between a rock and hard place. I either upgrade this forum or its going to keep getting worse. But i know the challenges associated with a big upgrade and i know you guys will still make it your home after the remodel!
    http://GunLoads.com

Become a Supporting Member by joining TEAM BOOLITS!

At this point, I think the bigger risk is that people decide not to use the forum anymore in its current state. 30-60 seconds response time or a complete timeout is not really a valid alternative. I'd say go for it - change is a constant in life and people (even us older farts...) are able to adapt!
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gunload Master View Post
    Basically ive been bandaiding this forum with this old software for a few years. I havent been a huge fan of the new forum software and the upgrades will really change the look and feel of this place. Unfortunatly all the backend server software that supports this old software is way outdated and not supported... so basically im between a rock and hard place. I either upgrade this forum or its going to keep getting worse. But i know the challenges associated with a big upgrade and i know you guys will still make it your home after the remodel!

I say go for it, I think we can adapt to a change. I am sure the membership will chip in.
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Boolit Grand Master
    Slow, slow, slow again.
    Was good for a little while.
    I remember this happening the last time an upgrade was done.
    Hope it gets fixed.
    Hate to lose this place.

Yesterday was beyond slow, refused to load at all. Unsure if it was a DOS attack or someone tripped over the power cord. But I did not get my fix at all last night and I am NOT happy about it. And I am looking at 31 post's is all I get this morning. (Blows Raspberry)
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

The indexes are blown. Needs a maintenance utility to be run.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Boolit Master

This morning, only posts starting at 5:16 AM if I hit the today button - Everything lost before that. Yesterday evening there was just nothing there intelligible
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

Yesterday 8/31/23 I was on and this sight appeared to be working then it stopped the things I posted are not showing today at all it will be interesting if they turn up! I did check and they all came back as posted including the 2nd thread in the new Vintage rifle and range scope area.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master

Totally crashed last night around 8PM CDT!

Boolit Master

Still working reliably, fast, and accurate here - if that helps.

I am Old School, but not adverse to updates in software, platform look, performance, and the (perhaps) no-so-intuitive "adventure". I get by with the help of my friends. We help one another. Reading the instructions is also pretty helpful...

[Later Note] I definitely made a response yesterday to this CB link https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...-With-Blue-Dot, which no longer exists. So, the backup that is currently loaded has a date-time stamp prior to my response.
    Last edited by Land Owner; 09-01-2023 at 09:44 AM.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Let me know speed issues after the foobar yesterday.

Boolit Grand Master
    Yep, was down yesterday.
    Still slow now, but much better.

Are you moving to zenforo (?) software?

Thats an option im looking into. This software was great years ago, but their last versions have been junk.

It's speedy for me right now, even back to normal feeling.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast