MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From what I understand, Ruger hasn't said how many.....

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I've never gotten the impression that the 10/22 and 60 were actually competing for the same buyers. Around here at least, people already had their mind made up about which one they wanted and would seldom consider the latter. I also think that the main reason the 60 sold so well was because it usually cost alot less than the 10/22 and tended to be quite accurate. Ruger would have had to really gut the 10/22 to get it down to what the standard 60 usually sold for. When I was a kid, you could often find the 60 on sale for $69.95 but I have never seen the 10/22 for anything close to that. I don't see Ruger bringing back the 60 simply because there are so many used ones out there, and not enough people would buy them to make it worthwhile. People will buy new 336's for a grand but I really don't think many would buy a new model 60 for the same or greater price than a new 10/22. Savage and Rossi have the cheap .22 rifle market zipped up and Ruger would have to sell them at a loss to compete there.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

If Ruger could redesign the Model 60 to fire short, long and long rifle, that would be interesting.
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12