Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: My old Pact II is dead.

My old Pact II is dead.

Didn't much love it anyway, so not grieving.

Soliciting recommendations for replacement.

I will never trust any electronic scale for powder, but I do need one for weighing bullets, sorting .22 ammo, and some other tasks that require readout in grams.

Must be able to run on battery.

I won't say price is no object, but don't want any $25 Chinese wunderkinder.

Thanks in advance.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

think you already answered this with a "NO!"

does Pact have any trade-in policy = your old one + $$ for one of their new ones?
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Master

I have several small electronic scales. The one I now always reach to get is my BallistiScale Max. It is the one that Ballistic Products sells.

One of the things I like is it have a larger display. I have found it to be a great scale for the price.
    Remember the Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Quote Originally Posted by foesgth View Post
    I have several small electronic scales. The one I now always reach to get is my BallistiScale Max. It is the one that Ballistic Products sells.

One of the things I like is it have a larger display. I have found it to be a great scale for the price.
    Can it read out in grams?

--- never mind, I didn't scan the spec sheet closely enough
    Cognitive Dissident

Moderator Emeritus
    I use a digital scale all the time and love it. I also use a PACT. I am on my second as the load cell went out on the first, which is a known problem that there isn’t a fix for. The replacement part is no longer made, according to PACT. The scale includes check/calibration weights and I do use them to at least check the scale every time I start using it.

The scale in the above post looks like a great value.

Old used Pact/RCBS scales are a bargain compared to the cheaped out modern scales.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Moderator Emeritus

I have an Acculab scale and like it. I just looked at the prices and Wow. Unbelievable.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    Didn't much love it anyway, so not grieving.

Soliciting recommendations for replacement.

I will never trust any electronic scale for powder, but I do need one for weighing bullets, sorting .22 ammo, and some other tasks that require readout in grams.

Must be able to run on battery.

I won't say price is no object, but don't want any $25 Chinese wunderkinder.

Thanks in advance.
    I never trusted electronic ones, either, but wanted one for out-in-garage cast bullet weighing. I spied a Dillon Determinator on eBay -- and won it at a great price. I cleaned battery terminals. added a drop of dielectric grease to each, and put new Eveready batteries in; and, have done "I can't remember there were so many" tests. E.g., I'd spray paint yellow a bullet of known weighed on a precision scales, and put that in, regularly, to ascertain if marked weight was indicated. Yupper! EVERY time!
    Bottom line? Maybe I got lucky with the one I bought -- but, based in its performance -- it definitely has my vote!
    geo

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by foesgth View Post

It looks pretty good except that the 3 minute shut off would annoy me to no end.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Well, I purchased a BallistiScale Max and am pleasantly pleased. It is MUCH more stable than the old PACT ever was. I can use it within inches of my old Dell laptop with no trouble. It reports a goodly selection of my certified check weights to within 2-3 milligrams of nominal. Three mg. is half a tenth of a grain, and that's better than the resolution of my beam balance. If it keeps on performing like this, I might actually use it for powder!

Cost with shipping (FedEx) came to about $50. I don't do a lot of business with Ballistic Products, but I can recommend their scale wholeheartedly.

Phil
    Cognitive Dissident

My Pact scale died years ago, and I was so happy. Life is better now.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.