Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Collect old presses????

Great offer shopdog. Another reason why this is my favorite site on the web.

Well after getting my 2 C&H's, a Dunbar and cast steel Hollywood senior shorty, I just picked up a cast steel Tallboy. What a beast!!! Now to sell a few of my newer ones......

Couldn't pass up an old Lyman all american comet today. Maybe it's a mistake because I intend to resurrect and use the old beast. Are shell holders special for this old red press? It has 2 set screws at top of the ram instead of a T slot and appears to have an adapter installed for 7/8 dies
    Before you break into my house stand outside and get right with Jesus tell him you're on your way!!

Can’t say I collect them, but I bought an old Lyman Spartan at a huge antique show here in Central NYS a couple years ago. The dealer was sick of lugging it around and made me an offer I couldn’t refuse...$15.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0E6846BB-D26E-4F41-A899-59D18DD57753.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	321060

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedjack View Post
    Couldn't pass up an old Lyman all american comet today. Maybe it's a mistake because I intend to resurrect and use the old beast. Are shell holders special for this old red press? It has 2 set screws at top of the ram instead of a T slot and appears to have an adapter installed for 7/8 dies
    The Lyman Comet s a small beast! The bushing for 7/8X14 dies comes out to allow you to load shot shells with Lyman’ properietary dies (that don’t match anyone else’s) and the press takes J type shell holders. The former is of no concern since you have the bushing, but the latter will require searching for the special shell holders or the adaptor and special primer punch if you want to use “modern” shell holders. It’s a pretty under appreciated press and has these two quirks, but it is actually a very good press.
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Only thing I own would be considered old presses. Collect ? No, but that is what I use.
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123