WidenersLoad DataReloading EverythingLee Precision
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox

Thread: Copper and Aluminum Gas Check Material

Banned

Copper and Aluminum Gas Check Material

Hi guys, I have about 10 lbs of gas check material made of copper and aluminum. The thickness is .015 for the aluminum and .020 for the copper. I'd like to sell it but don't know how many casters read the classified here. Give me your opinions on how to handle this. A Flat Rate Priority Mail box would cost $8. Let me know.

Super Moderator

................So far as I know Starmetal is the only one making his own GC's. Can't think of who else would be interested.

Did you use to make your own?

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Banned
    Tried to. Bought about $200 in punch dies only to have the project fall on it's face. Much too time consuming for the benefit.

Banned
    I'll admit it's slow, but I don't mind it. I don't sit there and try to make 1000 checks at a time. I'll just go ahead and make checks for what amount of rounds I'm going to load. I have my dies set up for thicker material they you have for sale. This way I have the dies set to make a flange on the check and when they are seated and sized the flange gets ironed out and reversed to grip the bullet shank very very tightly.

What kind of dies do you have? Did you go ahead and buy the Corbins?

Joe

Banned
    I got a set of Corbin dies off an internet auction and tried Whitney dies too. I can work a few hours overtime and buy ten's of thousands of gas checks so..........all the dies are gone and I have the metal left.

Banned
    Flash,

I've been running test with my gaschecks and with hornadys and so far mine seem to shoot a tad better. To me that's worth the work right there.

Joe