RepackboxTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 51 years ago today . . . .

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar

51 years ago today . . . .

I stood at the altar and watched my beautiful bride walk down the aisle where she joined me as we pledged "for better or worse, for richer or poorer, through sickness and health. till death do us part" in the presence of family and friends and the presence of God. As I looked over at my wife this morning, I still see my beautiful bride and I wonder where the years went as they just seem to have gone by so quickly. We've been through a lot - but then no different than any other couple - but we've always done so side by side and we both have always honored those vows we promised each other so many years ago.

It's easy to look back and reflect and realize that marriage is like a job . . . . you have to work at it and so does your partner . . . . and never stop working at it. But,long ago, I also learned that the secret to a successful marriage is really pretty simple . . . . if you put your partner's needs above and before your own and she does the same and everyday, with kind words, a good hug and kiss and you let them know they are the most important thing in your life . . . . well, it just seems to me that it's pretty hard not to have a great marriage.

When a person is young, they don't "get it" . . . at least most of us didn't. Maybe not this way for everyone, but for me as "I've gotten old", the material things mean nothing. I've seen and experienced too many things in this life not to know and believe in the things that truly are important and the most important thing in my life is that beautiful bride that walked down the aisle in that small town church to join hands with me for a lifetime 51 years ago today. There are no guarantees in life and none of us knows how many "tomorrows" we have. I pray that there are many, but if not, I will leave this world and my hope would be that my last thought will be of my "bride" and that I was one of the luckiest guys there ever was.

Boolit Master
    I miss not having a "like" button. Everything you said is TRUE . We got a little head start on ya'll but it is just the way we have tried to do ourselves.
    Old retired guy in Baton Rouge La.

Congratulations! You have found true happiness!
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Master
    Congrats, that's quite a milestone, something a lot of folks nowadays don't reach.

You're a wise man. December will be our 54th.

DG

Boolit Master
    Congratulations! We hit 44 years in May.

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    Congratulations! Your words are wise , something every young couple should read and take to heart . Wishing you many more happy and blessed years.
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

If at least one person gives more than their fair share, a marriage can work.

If both people give more than their fair share, a marriage WILL work, and will be very happy. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Master
    Congratulations. I had my 54th in Feb.

Boolit Master

Congratulations BedBug, At least you got it right the first time. I got it right the first time and BLEW IT. Thank God I was able to get her back after 45 years. 3 marriages all waking nightmares...even my old grey haired daddy told me "Are you Nuts"...4th marriage to the first girl I ever kissed, 13 years on now. I thank God everyday that she will be the last girl I kiss.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Master
    Great post BedBug! Gail and I will hit 33 years together on Sept 25/23. Second time around for both of us but we got it right this time! She had 25 years with her first husband and I had 32 with my first wife. I got a great deal this time!!! Congratulations, we hope you and your bride get another 51 years together!!
    R.D.M.

2 bedbugbilly

Congratulations!

You have found a happy fairway in your life.
    Viam supervadet vadens.

Congrats!

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Boolit Master

Congratulations. My wife and will celebrate our 54th on Christmas Eve

Gmsharps

Happy Anniversary to you both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy anniversary, we're way behind you guys. Only 42 and counting. Wow, where does the time go.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Happy Anniversary to the two of you!

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Quote Originally Posted by Wag View Post
    Congrats!

--Wag--
    What he said!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Moderator Emeritus

Congrats and you are very fortunate that you understood how to make it work. We had about 30 years in when I got hurt and found out what the real story was. Since divorced. Now with a girl that was also divorced and we both realize what you have discovered. Can honestly say I am extremely happy these last four and a half years, even being disabled with a messed up back. Good luck sir.
    Ron

Boolit Buddy
    Congratulations and happy anniversary!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast