Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looks like another loser from Winchester

That link is six years old.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    I will watch how the whole .21 Sharp (not Sharps) thing unfolds. It will be particularly interesting to see what rifles are introduced in this caliber - whether they are modest-priced plinkers, or higher-end target rifles. Ammo prices will also have a huge impact on the success of the cartridge. I personally question how successful it will be, but I have certainly been wrong before.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

I would buy a chambered barrel to fit to one of my Stevens single-shots. Would be a natural on a Favorite.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    They must be introducing this round so that the 5mm Remington Magnum won't look like QUITE so big a failure... I hope Remington appreciates their help!
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    That link is six years old.
    Just saw this post. NOW it all makes more sense.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Master
    My primers were purchased a long time ago. One sports a price tag of $24.95 for a brick. I understand they are more expensive today. I also understand that Euro match RF ammo is absurdly expensive. SK and Lapua RF is running 20-30 cents per round these days.
    I have danced with the Devil. She had excellent attorneys.

Boolit Master

At least they are not wasting primers making ammo,
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

As I earlier thought, for non-lead bullets. Ca outlawed lead 22lr.
    Whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    As I earlier thought, for non-lead bullets. Ca outlawed lead 22lr.
    DID they! This means war.
    Cognitive Dissident

I remain less than interested in it.............
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Grand Master
    There have been so many new cartridges, both rim and center fire, come out in the last twenty to thirty years (most aren't that easy to find now) that I have adopted a wait and see attitude. Especially for rim fires. I haven't seen any 17 HM2 rounds on a store shelf in years.

It is hard enough finding brass for the oddball and old center fires that I like, I really don't want to invest in a new rim fire that I may or may not be able to find ammo for in a couple of years.

If the 21 Sharp is still around and doing well in 2030, I might be interested.

I'd still rather have a readily available affordable loading for the .32 Long or .25 Stevens.

Robert

Can it be any worse than my 223WSSM ? Oh yeah I can reload the 223WSSM.
    Before you break into my house stand outside and get right with Jesus tell him you're on your way!!

Boolit Master

I think they're playing in the same pool as the .45 G.A.P. and .30 Super Carry - they've come up with an alternative to something that's VERY mature and established, that will undoubtedly be coming to market with higher cost, greater scarcity, and the very dubious "I need this WHY?" reception we are seeing on this thread. Many of us here see the .22 WMR, 17 HMR, and 17 Mach 2 as prohibitively expensive, non-reloadable Hornets - this feels like more of the same.

The .22LR is a living fossil not only for the heeled bullet, but also the rim, and frankly rimfire. A .25 Auto lengthened to .22 WMR overall length with a twist suitable for about 100 grains would perk my interest - this thing, not so much.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

The marketeers have gone overboard to sell new guns in a saturated market. Unless I’m missing something, the same thing could be accomplished by making a 22 Mag (short) cartridge that could be shot in the same rifle/pistol without having to buy a new bullet launcher. I have to ask also, what can the Sharp cartridge do that a 22 LR or 22 Short mag wouldn’t do?

Boolit Buddy
    For you that do NOT collect coins, a roll of 50 pennies cost 60 cents to make so converting to copper bullets is a dumb suggestion.

And they aren't even copper. They've been mostly zinc for decades.
    Cognitive Dissident

So, a 25gr pill doing 1700 plus? I'd rather shoot the many thousands of 17hmr and Blazer 22lr I have on hand.

Boolit Buddy
    Did anyone ever see any .21 Sharp ammo. I certainly didn't.

Boolit Master
    Never heard of a gun chambered for 21 sharps let alone any ammo!

Boolit Buddy
    Middle Tennessee for now. Want to buy land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    Quote Originally Posted by challenger_i View Post
    By chance, did anyone read the comments at the bottom of the article?
    At first glance, I agree that this round is an answer to a question no one asked, but the information
    gleaned from the comments does present a viable reason for this cartridge's development.
    I think I read the comment you read. The cartridge makes sense taking that into consideration.

Here’s a “million dollar idea” for the people complaining about ammunition unavailability for the new cartridge. Build something like a Lee factory crimp die that will squeeze 22 long rifle down so it will chamber in the smaller bore...
    Now you can have endless ammunition options.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast