Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackbox
Load DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Buffalo Bore Hard Cast Boolit .25 ACP SWCFN loads.

Boolit Grand Master

Do Not believe everything you see on You Tube ...
    It is a fact that posts on You Tube are not required to be real facts or the truth .
    You are allowed to post anything and everything you want .

I could post the new fact that the Moon is made of Green Cheese and it will accepted as truth ... but we all know the Moon is made of Blue Cheese ...
    So don't go there for facts ... show me a study by Buffalo Bore ...then lets talk about it .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by steve urquell View Post
    If you shoot someone with a .25ACP (and they find out about it) they will be very angry with you.
    I'll bet that you would not want to carry around a .25 ACP inside your body. If it makes it to your pericardium, you would have a real hard time discussing it with St. Peter.
    "Faster than a speeding insult, more powerful than an ulterior motive, able to leap to conclusions in a single bound... it's Captain Obvious!
    "Living well is the best revenge" - George Herbert.
    "Fast is fine, but accuracy is final". - Wyatt Earp

Boolit Master
    I don’t want to get shot with any caliber. I’ve been stabbed twice in street fights and that was bad enough (fortunately, neither incident was too serious - lots of peroxide and bandaids were enough). Still no fun…

Boolit Master

So Buffalo Bore has an "enhanced" .25 Auto load. Isn't that a little like putting a nitrous injector in a Geo Metro?
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Do Not believe everything you see on You Tube ...
    It is a fact that posts on You Tube are not required to be real facts or the truth .
    You are allowed to post anything and everything you want .

I could post the new fact that the Moon is made of Green Cheese and it will accepted as truth ... but we all know the Moon is made of Blue Cheese ...
    So don't go there for facts ... show me a study by Buffalo Bore ...then lets talk about it .
    Gary
    Thank you, gwpercle! I could not have said it better!!!
    geo

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain O View Post
    With the BB loads, the .25 is more reliable (because it is a Centerfire cartridge) and can still out-penetrate the .22 Long Rifle Cartridge. (The .22 WMR seems just as expensive as the .25).

Remember: The rimfire cartridges are far more prone to misfires or "duds" than the .25 ACP. This is just a fact of life.
    Aguila Interceptors have been centerfire reliable in my Ruger LCP II ever since I bought the pistol, and clock an actual 1000 fps out of that short barrel. In terms of FPE that is actually a little more than the BB FMJ rounds. The LCP holds 10 rounds whereas most .25's hold 6. I agree that the BB rounds are the way to go for a sub .32 pocket gun, as they should be since they cost over 10x as much. If you can afford to pay $1.57 a round and buy more than one box a year, you can probably afford to buy an LCP or Kel-Tec P32 for which bog standard FMJ still offers more power.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Buddy
    If you can find a new Kel-Tec P.32 for sale, BUY IT!

GOOD LUCK!
    "Faster than a speeding insult, more powerful than an ulterior motive, able to leap to conclusions in a single bound... it's Captain Obvious!

I acquired an Armi Galesi 25 auto from a friend who has since gone to his reward. The first load I tried in it was the Lyman 252406 over 1.4 gr Unique. It works fine, and I never felt a need to change. I considered it as a CCW, but now that I have a 380 auto, that will be my carry gun. Still and all, I can't think of a good reason to hot rod the 25 auto. It was not designed for that, and the stars would have to be aligned to achieve superior effects on target, given short barrel, bad sights, etc.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master
    As the saying goes, a 25 ACP in your hand would beat nothing in the event you need it BUT why would you ever get to the point where a 25 ACP was what you chose? The Ruger LCP in 380 ACP made a cheap and reliable tiny gun available to everybody and it is far more gun. From my experience people who own 25 ACP guns know nothing at all about guns and would never know about a company such as Buffalo Bore in the 1st place. I acknowledge that the BB load probably is superior to the standard factory load but that's like saying your chihuahua is the toughest chihuahua in town. He's still a 8lb dog that thinks he's a German Shepherd.

If you can find a new Kel-Tec P.32 for sale, BUY IT!

GOOD LUCK!
    They are out there, you just have to be patient. Worse comes to worse, just pay an inflated price on Gunbroker. I have two of them and they aren't for sale, both sourced from the same pawn shop.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master

In the late 70's a LE friend of mine was shot in the stomach with a 25acp. It did not stop him from returning fire. The shooter achieved room temperature. Personally, a Ruger LCP 380 with Buffalo Bore is light of caliber as I am willing to carry.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master
    +1^^^
    I have a couple of 25 ACP's, but I would never consider them as a primary weapon. My LCP 380 is only a hair larger than my Beretta 21 A and is lighter than my Colt 1908. You carry whatever you wish if it makes you feel good, but that LCP is the smallest gun I ever carry these days. Most days, I carry something even larger.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    So Buffalo Bore has an "enhanced" .25 Auto load. Isn't that a little like putting a nitrous injector in a Geo Metro?
    To be fair, there was a Geo Metro local to me that the owner stuffed a 454 into. I can’t exactly say he put it under the hood because it simply didn’t all fit under the hood. My understanding is he more or less secured the shell of the car around the driveline. He hurt a lot of feelings with that little death trap.

Sorry, back to hot rodding mouse guns!

Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    +1^^^
    I have a couple of 25 ACP's, but I would never consider them as a primary weapon. My LCP 380 is only a hair larger than my Beretta 21 A and is lighter than my Colt 1908. You carry whatever you wish if it makes you feel good, but that LCP is the smallest gun I ever carry these days. Most days, I carry something even larger.
    I've had two LCP's and never could shoot them well. I really don't know why since I can shoot my Kel-Tec P-32 extremely well. At bad breath distance I could probably put a slug into something important, but that's all. Anything beyond that, excellent chance of putting the slug in a non-lethal spot or even missing entirely. Too many other guns I can shoot better to be satisfied with minimal performance. I usually carry a Kimber Micro, Glock 42, or S&W 637. I can shoot all of them extremely well, in fact better than most full size handguns. I also carry an Asp pocket baton.

We all know the wound channel will be small, with little energy transfer, much like 32 ACP. The question is, can it reach the vitals? Could it pierce a skull or break a bone? If so, it has the potential to be useful. I've been meaning to do some testing on a Ballistic Dummy Labs skull with 25 acp and 32 Short, (I've already got the skull) I just keep forgetting about it.

Boolit Buddy
    The "micro .380" pistols have a tendency to be uncontrollable. This is the primary reason for the .25 "Baby Browning" (Bauer) pistol. IF I can dump between 6 and 7 rounds in the miscreant's face (nose/eye) or the base of their throat, odds are that they won't last very long.

The "micro .380" pistols have a tendency to be uncontrollable. This is the primary reason for the .25 "Baby Browning" (Bauer) pistol. IF I can dump between 6 and 7 rounds in the miscreant's face (nose/eye) or the base of their throat, odds are that they won't last very long.
    This 100%. I'm not going to carry something I'm not confident with. Back in the days when everybody hated 9's and said the .40 was the wave of the future, I stuck with the 9 because I can actually shoot it well. .40 factory loads are about useless to me because I don't enjoy practicing with them and I refuse to carry something I don't practice with.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    This 100%. I'm not going to carry something I'm not confident with. Back in the days when everybody hated 9's and said the .40 was the wave of the future, I stuck with the 9 because I can actually shoot it well. .40 factory loads are about useless to me because I don't enjoy practicing with them and I refuse to carry something I don't practice with.
    The defense.... rests.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by HumptyDumpty View Post
    We all know the wound channel will be small, with little energy transfer, much like 32 ACP. The question is, can it reach the vitals? Could it pierce a skull or break a bone? If so, it has the potential to be useful. I've been meaning to do some testing on a Ballistic Dummy Labs skull with 25 acp and 32 Short, (I've already got the skull) I just keep forgetting about it.
    This is the raison d'etre for the Buffalo Bore .25 ACP loads (both 50-grain FMJ and 60-grain Cast Boolit loads). when it comes to short-barreled "micro pistols" penetration is your friend!

The defense.... rests.
    You are too kind! Case in point, I had a college buddy with a Beretta 96 .40 and I had an S&W 10-5 and surplus Sig P6. He used to poo poo my "weak" sideirons in century old cartridges. Funny thing is, his groups with the Beretta (which was a very handsome gun BTW) always looked like shotgun patterns - when it wasn't failing to feed. My groups were, and are, nothing special but always well within minute of bad guy forehead or cardiovascular boiler room. And I can count the number of critical malfunctions I experienced with both guns on one hand. In spite of this, he always rested on the fact that his gun (which cost more than both of mine put together) had more powah than mine.