RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad Data
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Oldest gun you have you bought yourself

Boolit Buddy
    Oldest smokeless gun is a 1908 Remington repeating shotgun (pre model 10). That has the tightest full choke that I have ever seen. I use 3/4 ounce loads on squirrels and it is lethal out a long ways.

Boolit Master
    The gun I have had longest is an 870 Wingmaster magnum, bought used in 1969. It fits me perfectly, and has killed untold numbers of ducks, geese, doves and turkeys. It would be the last gun I'd ever sell. Over the years wore out the two big long springs in the action that control shells coming out of the magazine, broke the firing pin and replaced the original 30" full barrel with one with screw in chokes when steel shot became mandatory for waterfowl. Also replaced the original recoil pad when it started to crumble from age.

Boolit Master

The oldest would be my Ithaca Flues Model 1-1/2, 12 gauge SxS manufactured in 1915. It's choked mod and full so does double duty as my turkey and squirrel shotgun. It's not much to look at, almost devoid of bluing and the colors are gone from the case-hardened receiver but the action is tight and she shoots straight. It was purchased new by the great-uncle of a fried of mine and was handed down through the family to her. After a few years she decided to sell it, that's when I came to own it. I love that gun!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Bub
    Recently found a Mauser M96 Red 9 .

Boolit Buddy
    1863 Springfield musket. Has belonged to my family since my ancestor served in the Civil War. Also has the original belt, pouch, caps, powder horn with powder, tools, tampion, bayonet and scabbard.

South of the Equator and North of Capricorn
    1885 Colt Lightening 44 WCF , serial number 0026, it was part payment for some work I did last year. Yet to shoot it .

Boolit Buddy
    1886 in .45-90 with a birthdate of 1891.
    Author of Hitwoman, Husband of Hitwoman, Sanctioned Hitwoman, The Chase, Cable, and Finneus.

Boolit Bub
    First firearm that started it all was an H&R 158 Topper (20 ga.) bought used at "Bill's House of Guns" in Merrill, Wisconsin. It was 1973 or 74 as a gift from my parents. Ended up getting a job a few years later at a grocery store at the age of 14, so now I had my own money to buy guns. The first rifle was a Type 99 Arisaka (transitional model) for $50.00. First handgun was a used standard Ruger .22 for I believe $75.00 (father was with me when the Ruger was bought). These two guns were bought a year apart at a gun show held in the Holiday Inn in Wausau, Wisconsin. While in high school I bought a used Ruger 10/22 from a friend for $60.00. Next came a Argentine 1909 cavalry carbine for $75.00. Have every gun except the Type 99. Why I sold it is still a question I ask myself from time to time.

Colt New Service US Model 1909 manufactured and shipped to the Philippine Constabulary in 1911...

Boolit Master

I forgot about my S&W #1 Second Edition!

Boolit Master
    swede 1894

Boolit Master
    Not sure. Win 94 in 25/35, 1911 SR, Swede carbine, Rem Model 8 in 35 Rem. Most of my guns were built in the 20th century. Do have a 21st century 3.5" Baretta for Geese and a Fabarms 20 ga SxS of recent manufacture.

Bought an old 1888 German "Commission Rifle" (often misidentified as a Mauser, which it isn't). It was as a project to convert into a short .45acp suppressed rifle.
    When democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote.

Boolit Master

7X57 Remington rolling block I bought while I was in high school in the early 60's. Purchase price $7.00 from a second hand store. I still have and shoot that rifle.
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

Vendor Sponsor

An 1851 Colt (replica) in 1970.
    Being a naive high-schooler, I was more than happy to learn the old cap-n-ball was a non-firearm, and so I could buy it.
    I shot the daylights out of it. Put holes in everything. It started my life long casting habit. Dad had been casting snagging hooks for the fall salmon run. That is as much as I knew about casting when I started.
    Before that I had a BB gun and then a pump Crossman pellet rifle Shooting, shooting, shooting! The BB gun mostly replaced the firecrackers. I had been blowing everything up with firecrackers and M-80's when I could get my hands on them.
    Some would say a miss-spent youth!
    Chill Wills

Boolit Master

Off the top of my head, probably a pair of 1907 Brazilian Mausers or maybe my 1893 Marlin in 32-40 but I can't remember at the moment the year of manufacture of the Marlin.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by wilecoyote View Post
    ...this
    I have it's Spanish twin (Llama knockoff). It came to me cheap with a broken cylinder pin. I made a new pin and have enjoyed it since. Even came with a cheap briefcase to carry it in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170515_192504.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	317939

I just noticed you can see one of the welding gloves I was wearing when I test fired it.
    quando omni flunkus moritati

Boolit Master
    I bought a Sears bolt action .410 shotgun in 1963 when I was 12 years old. Mom ordered it out of the Fall catalog and it was delivered right to the door by the post office. I had earned the money to buy it picking potatoes, something most kids in this area did at the time. I still have it and use it every fall to shoot grouse.
    Maineboy

I have $100 invested in this 1916 Spanish/Swedish 6.5 x55.
    It shoots like a $500 gun….,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1900 Swede.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast