Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: Rossi 95 in 30-30?

Rossi 95 in 30-30?

Just saw a Sportsmans Warehouse ad highlighting a new offering. A Rossi model 95 chambered in 30-30. Pic looks remarkably like a Marlin 336.

Anybody know anything about them?

Sam Sackett

Is it a reintroduced Rossi Rio Grande?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rio Grande was 22 cal I think. This looks similar, but different. For one thing, it does not have a full length magazine. Also has walnut furniture.
    Comes in 16” and 20” barrels.
    Good looking weapon!

Here is a link to their website.

https://rossiusa.com/rifles/lever-ac...0-30-win-16-in

Sam Sackett

Boolit Master
    Looks good except for the loop lever, in my opinion. If they really want too sell rifles, they need to bring back their copy of a Win 90, with octagon barrel and walnut wood.

I like the looks of the rifle with the regular lever.
    A straight grip model would get my attention; as would a Rossi 92 in 44-40!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Adam at Ranger Point Precision, Texas, was part of the review and design team on this rifle. Although it looks like a 336 , the internals are different.

Boolit Master
    What Shawlerbrook said x2, I saw a couple of Youtube videos on it, and the bolt is a vast improvement over a Marlin 336. Instead of the stamped out extractor, it has a M-16 type, much more durable and easy to replace if lost or broken. They also did away with the 2 piece firing pin, and instead have a firing pin block, that is pushed off when the bolt is locked up, by the lock. Shot dang good, 1-11/4 inch groups were the norm at 100 yds, but it loved Hornady leveloution, 160FTX, shooting a .360 group, at 100yds. Did not get a price point, but looks like a decent rifle, much improved over their older models.

Boolit Master
    I am very interested in this rifle. Now, if Rossi would just offer it in .360 Buckhammer ...

Boolit Buddy
    Rio grand came in 45/70 and I believe 30/30 . They did not look as good as this 95 .

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Dang it, just when I thought I was going to get caught up on my bills! The Rio Grande was .30-30 and .45-70, the latter has something of a cult following. Only problem I see for the new 95 is, the MSRP is $949.00 so real world price should be in the $800's. If you shop around you can get a standard Henry for less than that. I'm very happy with my 92 .357 but would definitely go with a Henry instead for the same or lower price.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

This is actually interesting. I bought a new 92 .357 last winter. It's a great little rifle. I could see this having a street price of under $800, which might make Marlin a little nervous.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by three50seven View Post
    This is actually interesting. I bought a new 92 .357 last winter. It's a great little rifle. I could see this having a street price of under $800, which might make Marlin a little nervous.

True, but the Henry's are coming down in price and alot of folks will always pay more for the Marlin name, especially with the apparent very good quality that Ruger is turning out. I give Rossi props for adding another .30-30 to the market, but I think the price will have to be significantly less for it to sell in quantity. Remember, the Mossberg 464 (well executed 94 copy) and Rossi Rio Grande (well executed 336/1895 copy) both bit the dust and they had a very modest real world price. Common 336's and 94's can still be found in good shape for $500 or so if you are patient. I have 3 JM 336's and two 94's so really any .30-30 would have to be a screaming bargain for me to buy it.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

That is true. Honestly, I give zero consideration to anything Henry. I won't argue that they are popular, and American-made is always a plus, but they are just butt-ugly, IMO.

Also, I haven't seen a Win 94 or Marlin 336 for much less than $800 in at least 3 years. They must all be hiding out wherever you are! In addition, I have yet to see any of the new Ruger/Marlins in the flesh; but Rossi's are turning up pretty much everywhere. Availability will play a big factor come fall, I think.

I'm not really in the market either. The only thing missing from my Marlin stable is a .35 and maybe a .375, but I would only pick one up if the price was right.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm an ffl dealer. The new rossi in my opinion is ok. Wood is kinda cheap fit and finish not and nice as the rossi 92

Quote Originally Posted by three50seven View Post
    That is true. Honestly, I give zero consideration to anything Henry. I won't argue that they are popular, and American-made is always a plus, but they are just butt-ugly, IMO.

Also, I haven't seen a Win 94 or Marlin 336 for much less than $800 in at least 3 years. They must all be hiding out wherever you are! In addition, I have yet to see any of the new Ruger/Marlins in the flesh; but Rossi's are turning up pretty much everywhere. Availability will play a big factor come fall, I think.

I'm not really in the market either. The only thing missing from my Marlin stable is a .35 and maybe a .375, but I would only pick one up if the price was right.

Here in Kentucky, .30-30 rifles are very common. I would bet they were the most common centerfire here prior to cheap bolt actions and AR's becoming popular. That's not to say they are for sale everywhere, but if you frequent the pawn and gun shops enough you will find them. The scruffy pawn shops are a great place to shop. They usually don't give people squat on guns, so they will bargain with you. Lay cash on the counter and get good deals.

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    Here in Kentucky, .30-30 rifles are very common. I would bet they were the most common centerfire here prior to cheap bolt actions and AR's becoming popular. That's not to say they are for sale everywhere, but if you frequent the pawn and gun shops enough you will find them. The scruffy pawn shops are a great place to shop. They usually don't give people squat on guns, so they will bargain with you. Lay cash on the counter and get good deals.
    Unfortunately, we have only been able to deer hunt with centerfire rifles for about 10 years here in Indiana. Because of that, there are very few vintage rifles in circulation. Plenty of slug guns and muzzleloaders