Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: 221 Remington Fireball

Boolit Buddy

221 Remington Fireball

After the usual estate sale of reloading gear, I ended up with a good-sized box of 221 Remington Fireball brass, RCBS dies, and 252 loaded rounds. I know I can't ship the loaded ammo but might be able to pull the bullets if somebody wants the brass badly enough. Not looking for a retirement fund score, but if you can use any of this then please make me an offer or trade of reasonable value.

Last edited by Scorpion8; 07-18-2023 at 03:20 PM.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Grand Master

RP headstamp or Lapua? If it's Lapua I am very interested.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Buddy
    I’m not totally sure on this but I believe you can ship ammo.But not powder or primers.Very strange laws . Someone with more knowledge than me may soon answer. Good luck with your sale
    .Bob

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion8 View Post
    After the usual estate sale of reloading gear, I ended up with a good-sized box of 221 Remington Fireball brass, RCBS dies, and 252 loaded rounds. I know I can't ship the loaded ammo but might be able to pull the bullets if somebody wants the brass badly enough. Not looking for a retirement fund score, but if you can use any of this then please make me an offer or trade of reasonable value.
    I have interest in the brass. Like M-Tecs, I too have a serious fondness for Lapua Fireball brass . However, I would not be against my purchase of your Remington brass if, say, you have buyers for dies and ammo... Hence, should you wish to sell brass only, perhaps you might PM me?
    No worries either way...

geo

Boolit Buddy
    I would have to check on the headstamp but am fairly certain it is Remington. See pic added to original post. The box of BlitzKing is factory loads.

ETA - ALL R-P factory headstamps.
    Last edited by Scorpion8; 07-18-2023 at 03:52 PM.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Moderator Emeritus

I would have to check on the headstamp but am fairly certain it is Remington. See pic added to original post. The box of BlitzKing is factory loads.

ETA - ALL R-P factory headstamps.
    PM to be shortly sent vis offer on Remington brass.
    geo

Boolit Master
    Loaded ammo does not require "hazmat". The box has to have a black and white diamond on it. Ground shipping is also a requirement.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet maker 57 View Post
    Loaded ammo does not require "hazmat". The box has to have a black and white diamond on it. Ground shipping is also a requirement.
    Correct, but ammo can not ship via USPS. Where I live, that UPS/FeDex requirement is a pain.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    I typed faster than my brain functioned. I stand corrected. Ammo only requires the new version of the old ORM-D sticker. Primmers and powder requires hazmat.

Quote Originally Posted by bullet maker 57 View Post
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 07-19-2023 at 03:47 PM.

– Amber Veal

- Wayne Dyer

Boolit Buddy
    There are 165 pieces of virgin brass in that tin box.

And one Herters-headstamped 243 Winchester.

I've shipped ammo before, trying to get trap loads proofed at Precision Reloading. My local FEDEX lady refused to take the box even though I followed their instructions explicitly. I ended up having a friend take them on the airline to the L48 and post them via FEDEX from a big service center, not a Communist-libbie store. So that may not be an option to ship the loaded ammo anytime soon.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for all the responses. The virgin brass and dies are spoken for. As for the loaded/reloaded ammo, not sure how I would ship them out of town as the local "franchise" shippers seem to be anti-everything.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Man
    I shipped some loaded ammo from a UPS hub just the other day. I had the sticker on the box. No problem or extra fees.

Boolit Buddy
    Not all UPS locations are the same, and some make up[ their own rules.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Moderator Emeritus

Not all UPS locations are the same, and some make up[ their own rules.
    My experience -- I have both a C&R FFL and wished to ship airguns, etc. -- is that you are correct 100% with what are called, "UPS Stores". These provide printing services and mailboxes to complement places for folks to drop off packages which need to be shipped -- including bare items which (for an added fee, of course) the UPS Store will box up. Plus, I believe they have a deal with Amazon vis returns, where if one wishes to return an Amazon-purchased item, all one needs do it drop it off at UPS store.
    HOWEVER -- if you wish to ship airguns, gun parts, ammo, and quite a few other items -- you need go to a UPS Hub. If you contact any UPS Store they will advise the closest to your location hub. At the hub, again my experience, is to -- on occasion -- get bad advice. However, simply smiling and asking to speak/address it with person-in-charge has 100% ended up as desired for me.
    Anyhoos -- you can read (and print, if desired) ALL the UPS shipping rules, do's, and don'ts from UPS web-site; and, a trip to the Hub will hopefully be a success for you.
    Good luck!
    geo

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by georgerkahn View Post
    HOWEVER -- if you wish to ship airguns, gun parts, ammo, and quite a few other items -- you need go to a UPS Hub.
    Good luck!
    geo
    Yup, I agree 100%. But we don't have a hub at the single location in this town. So they make their own rules depending on which manager they ship in at the present time.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life