Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 22 Revolver Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Gtek View Post
    $4-5K- One really nice 22, say a Christensen carbon fiber threaded, Mask suppressor, scope, mounts, sling, a very nice 22 revolver with holster and belt, a couple thousand rounds of ammo, targets, adult beverages when I am done to cook some great pieces of cow. I know, give me a minute I have just a little more to spend!
    Yeah. I wouldn't even contemplate such an expense. It's the thought that I find intriguing.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Boolit Master
    The lever guns scratch that itch and hopefully nothing ever flies out the side.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt's...evolving_rifle
    Evidently, the problem was actually a chain fire that 'unsold' it for the Gov. I do remember my Harper's books from the period were very big on promoting it.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

Revolving rifles were an idea that needed to be tried in the dawn of repeating firearms. It was an idea poorly suited to evolve and the other dinosaurs ate it.

In the percussion era, you had the potential for a chain-fire across chambers, and the rifle version put this right next to your face.

ANY revolver has the ability to spit lead, gas, and unburned powder out of the cylinder gap and off the back of the barrel. . .and the rifle versions put this right next to your face.

An oft-touted advantage of the revolver is that if a misfire occurs, you can immediately go to the cartridge in the next chamber. If the misfire turns out to be a hangfire, the forward exit to that chamber will be partially blocked by the frame and barrel. . .and the rifle versions put this mess right next to your face.

Tubular magazines, brought to you in the 1850's by the Volcanic Repeating Arms Company; greatly improved by Benjamin T. Henry; perfected by Nelson King - - live them, love them.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Looking at it that way, I can see the reason for then not catching on. Put up against a lever action, magazine capacity, speed of reloading, no gas leaks and so on.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Some folks like jerky and some folks prefer jelly beans.

I have one of the Uberti Remington revolving carbines - cap & ball and also have a 45 Colt conversion cylinder for it. It'd different and not for everyone but I like out of the ordinary things sometimes. You have to use your head and utilize the spur trigger guard and keep body parts away from the cylinder when firing,

I suppose if I found a used cheap Heritage 22 revolving carbine I might consider it, but in the long run, I would enjoy my 22 Henry Frontier, Ruger 10/22 and Winchester 63 a whole lot more.

An interesting revolving carbine though . . . . .

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post

That and the fact that in Canada the only places you can shoot a handgun are private property and a licensed gun range. We are not allowed to carry a handgun anywhere except directly to and from a licensed range or private property.

And now a new reason, handgun sales have been banned in Canada recently. So, I can keep my Single Six handgun but I can't sell it, give it away or leave it to my kids! When I die it gets siezed and destroyed by the police.
    So they got your freedom one bite at a time?

Wow. Just wow.

Boolit Buddy
    Revolving rifles are super fun. There is a learning curve and yes some stuff will hit you in your face. My 1860 army is more of a pleasure to shoot then the heritage .22 but can spend the evening putting many rounds down range with it.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Beaverhunter2 View Post
    So they got your freedom one bite at a time?

Wow. Just wow.
    Yup! And this is after a good portion of the new legislation was dropped like no magazine fed gun with a capacity of more than 5 rounds. Had that gone through my 1894 Marlin would be illegal and my original 1881 Marlin with full length tube magazine would be illegal. Also, my Lee Enfields would become illegal. Fortunately that part of the legislation was dropped but the handgun ban is in place... no new handguns can be bought or sold in Canada.

Many semi auto hunting/sporting rifles have been caught up in the government's quest to restrict "military style assault rifle" availability to the public as well.

Yes! "Wow. Just wow. That about says it!

Longbow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12