Snyders JerkyWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: Tweezers I longed for...

Moderator Emeritus

Tweezers I longed for...

I recently came across a set of tweezers I view as a "blessing" -- 'specially in handling .25acp and other small cases while reloading! Made of stainless steel, and quite substantial, the source I bought them from is an outfit called "MicroMark" -- https://www.micromark.com/Pipe-and-T...ezers-Set-of-4 -- and, albeit they are now on sale, sell for $15.99 USD. To me, these versus cut/smashed fingers they are a bargain. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tweezers 2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	315895Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tweezers.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	315896
    I reckoned I'd post this, reckoning other caster/loaders might be relieved to see this product! (Perhaps a great case-holder for annealing, too?)
    geo

Boolit Master

Now those are pretty neat.
    Thanks,
    Rick

Those would be great for standing up PC'd boolits.

Thanks George!
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master

I made myself a "tweezer" out of a metal clothes hanger when I was into PC ing handgun bullets. It worked great but I don't know what became of it. Those tweezer that George shows looks like a great idea for all around reloading. I just may have to consider a set. james

Boolit Grand Master

And ... amazingly ... the cost is Reasonable ... on Sale $15.99 !

Even I could afford a set !

Don't let the maker get wind that they would be a great asset to reloaders and boolit powder coaters ... He would market them as "Reloading and Casting Forceps " , jack the price up
    and sell them for $75.00 as reloading tools ... they'll do it every time !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Buddy
    I liked the idea of these tweezers but $10.95 shipping killed the deal for me . If you have amazon prime they have them for $22 .if you have the free shipping they are cheaper. Bob

Boolit Grand Master

Hmmm. Looks like a good solution to old, fat, ex-mechanic's, fingers with a bit of neuropathy (having a bit of trouble lately with some 32 ACP and 380 ACP brass). Good find! Thanks...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by shooter bob View Post
    I liked the idea of these tweezers but $10.95 shipping killed the deal for me . If you have amazon prime they have them for $22 .if you have the free shipping they are cheaper. Bob
    GREAT point re shipping charges! Bion, I had a list of "wanna's" -- including some silver solder, a hand held clamp, a couple of C-clamps on super-super sale (like ~$2.00 each), and some glue -- so the total shipping came to much less than the Petrol I'd have used to get to a store which might purvey some of the items... Another good point by shooter bob vis Amazon Prime. Sadly (sadly?) the way I now am starting to look at things is as, "it's only money" -- and when I consider what is taken from my meager income for taxes, taxes, and more taxes -- plus a few fees here and there -- to heck with "them" -- if I want it and have the cash to cover it -- that's all that counts .
    geo

Quote Originally Posted by georgerkahn View Post
    GREAT point re shipping charges! Bion, I had a list of "wanna's" -- including some silver solder, a hand held clamp, a couple of C-clamps on super-super sale (like ~$2.00 each), and some glue -- so the total shipping came to much less than the Petrol I'd have used to get to a store which might purvey some of the items... Another good point by shooter bob vis Amazon Prime. Sadly (sadly?) the way I now am starting to look at things is as, "it's only money" -- and when I consider what is taken from my meager income for taxes, taxes, and more taxes -- plus a few fees here and there -- to heck with "them" -- if I want it and have the cash to cover it -- that's all that counts .
    geo
    My Chief Financial Officer (the one that sleeps next to me) forbids such a cavalier attitude toward money.
    Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Buddy
    George Kahn why did you bring up taxes . I just got over looking at my pay stubs from last pay period with lots of overtime. And just got my blood pressure under control. It as thy say what can you do. Have a good one all Bob

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by WRideout View Post
    My Chief Financial Officer (the one that sleeps next to me) forbids such a cavalier attitude toward money.
    Wayne
    WRideout -- I used to feel similarly as, perhaps, your CFO -- but, now aged 75, I have spent tooooo much time with friends, discussing their last days before they -- mostly terminal cancer -- die. Too often brought up was their frugality in life to afford $savings$ in the bank, retirement account, and/or portfolios of stocks and bonds. I have heard, "Why didn't I buy "x"" too many times. NOTHING cavalier -- I do wish to go to Heaven but I am in absolutely not in any hurry to get there. Hey -- in 2018 -- one 1945 vintage bottle of wine -- 1945 Romanée-Conti -- was sold at auction for $558,000.00 USD. A lot of bucks for one bottle of Burgundy red wine, eh?
    I never considered myself even being close to "wealthy" -- but for fifteen to twenty bucks for something I'll use???
    geo

Quote Originally Posted by georgerkahn View Post
    WRideout -- I used to feel similarly as, perhaps, your CFO -- but, now aged 75, I have spent tooooo much time with friends, discussing their last days before they -- mostly terminal cancer -- die. Too often brought up was their frugality in life to afford $savings$ in the bank, retirement account, and/or portfolios of stocks and bonds. I have heard, "Why didn't I buy "x"" too many times. NOTHING cavalier -- I do wish to go to Heaven but I am in absolutely not in any hurry to get there. Hey -- in 2018 -- one 1945 vintage bottle of wine -- 1945 Romanée-Conti -- was sold at auction for $558,000.00 USD. A lot of bucks for one bottle of Burgundy red wine, eh?
    I never considered myself even being close to "wealthy" -- but for fifteen to twenty bucks for something I'll use???
    geo
    Sometimes I save up my married man's five dollars until I have twenty.
    Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master

geo
    Just came off Amazon Prime ordering those tweezers. As Minerat said, they will be great for standing up powder coated boolits. I use regular tweezers, but a lot of times the boolit will rotate a little just before they are set down on the base. Good job, thanks for sharing, keep'm coming.
    littlejack
    Last edited by littlejack; 07-13-2023 at 12:01 PM.
    If a 41 won't stop it, I wouldn't bet my life on a 44.

Boolit Master
    I used a hemostat to hold a connector for a golf car charger. After I got it hot enough to melt solder and and get the end of the cable hot enough to bond, the hemostats took a weird shape from too much heat on too small a piece of stainless steel. It never did come fully back together but the spacing was perfect to compress the internal c-clip on a honda atv brake master cylinder. Saved lots of money on a specialty c-clip tool.

Boolit Master
    Great tip George! They're out of stock right now.
    Thank you,
    JW
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Master
    Those look great. I made myself a pair years ago for loading 223/556 and they also worked great on 22 TCM. My fat fingers have thanked me ever since.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.