RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: Black Powder Conversion Sheet

Boolit Mold

Black Powder Conversion Sheet

Does anyone have a copy of the Black Powder Conversion sheet that used to be located on this sight? It appears to be a dead link now.

http://www.curtrich.com/BPConversionSheet.htm

I had one in excell format, but do to a computer crash I lost it. If anyone has a copy or could post a link to it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Boolit Buddy
    The Internet Archive has a snapshot:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20230326...rsionSheet.htm

I'd recommend that you print it to pdf...

Boolit Buddy
    I can go ahead and take the table from the archive and convert it into Excel and PDF then post the files as an attached zip.

Give me a day or so...

Boolit Buddy
    OK...Formatted Excel (xlsx) and PDF files are in the attached zip.

I did not make any attempt to verify the validity or accuracy of the source data and I assume no liability...Use at your own risk.

Boolit Master
    Interesting data,

Yet fails to address the differences in lot to lot bulk density, which can be considerable. The volume measure does in part address this somewhat.

Thank you for your efforts to reproduce this chart, it definitely has value.

Kenny Wasserburger

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Wasserburger View Post
    Interesting data,

Yet fails to address the differences in lot to lot bulk density, which can be considerable. The volume measure does in part address this somewhat.

Thank you for your efforts to reproduce this chart, it definitely has value.

Kenny Wasserburger
    kenny
    when you change to a new lot (from same manufacturer) which gives you closest equivalence to the old .....volume measure OR grains weight ??

Boolit Master
    I usually weigh the charge then compared the volume to a previous lot. Lighter powder will require more by volume of course. Drop tube all my loads and some have a serious amount of compression to get the same weight. The chronograph tells you what is the way to go. My premise is the same weight no mater the volume should in theory yield the same energy.

It doesn’t always work, but usually it does.

Kenny

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Wasserburger View Post
    I usually weigh the charge then compared the volume to a previous lot. Lighter powder will require more by volume of course. Drop tube all my loads and some have a serious amount of compression to get the same weight. The chronograph tells you what is the way to go. My premise is the same weight no mater the volume should in theory yield the same energy.

It doesn’t always work, but usually it does.

Kenny
    thanks
    My premise would be same
    I have shot only homebrew since 2016 - chronograph is giving good numbers - I dont shoot near the quantity you would (maybe 20 pound per season) homebrewing is not a hobby so much as a means to an end so once a year or longer between.