Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
RepackboxWidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ukrainian 9mm Luger Reamer

Boolit Master

Ukrainian 9mm Luger Reamer

I bought a 9mm Luger reamer on EBay from a company in 🇺🇦 Ukraine.
    It finally came in today and looks pretty good but until I cut a chamber with it.
    This is for my 9mm Spanish Destroyer Carbine project that is taking much longer than I expected!
    The heat and cold and work is not helping either and being old and tired dampens motivation too!

Boolit Master
    Bad reamer?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Remiel View Post
    Bad reamer?

I don’t think that it’s bad, I just need to cut a chamber and see how it cuts and if a factory cartridge fits!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deltaenterprizes View Post
    I don’t think that it’s bad, I just need to cut a chamber and see how it cuts and if a factory cartridge fits!
    Ah ok, same iss I have, tools, projects, but no energy or time

While not a reamer, Mark Serbu on youtube wasn't impressed with the ukrainian rifle buttons.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deces View Post
    While not a reamer, Mark Serbu on youtube wasn't impressed with the ukrainian rifle buttons.
    I have a Ukraine 22 Magnum reamer and it's dynamite. Cut's the chamber small and the 22 Magnum becomes just as accurate as the 22 Long Rifle. I'm very pleased with it.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by deces View Post
    That is why I have to make a chamber and see how it works!
    I got it on EBay and they have a good money back policy.
    I will make a chamber gauge and see how it works!

Boolit Master
    A couple of years ago a guy I know bought a reamer from Ukraine through ebay. He payed for it, then received nothing in return. About a year later I bought a different reamer from from Ukraine, also through ebay. I paid for it, and also received nothing. I was able to contact the seller over the phone and he could not have possibly hung up on me faster! I knew a friend that had immigrated from Ukraine years ago. He told me that you cannot send checks or money orders through the mail there because they will absolutely get stolen. This was all long before the Russian invasion, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. My sympathies for the people that live there, but I won't be buying anything from Ukraine anymore.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 405grain View Post
    A couple of years ago a guy I know bought a reamer from Ukraine through ebay. He payed for it, then received nothing in return. About a year later I bought a different reamer from from Ukraine, also through ebay. I paid for it, and also received nothing. I was able to contact the seller over the phone and he could not have possibly hung up on me faster! I knew a friend that had immigrated from Ukraine years ago. He told me that you cannot send checks or money orders through the mail there because they will absolutely get stolen. This was all long before the Russian invasion, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. My sympathies for the people that live there, but I won't be buying anything from Ukraine anymore.
    I paid with PayPal so I had some protection!
    Shipping was slow!

Boolit Master
    I know you have let Doctor Starrett or Doctor Mitutoyo look at him before the procedure. Most things cut off cannot be put back on, I have more than I would like of those T-Shirts.

Boolit Master

I checked the reamer in 2 cartridge guages that I have and this reamer has freebore in front of the chamber!
    Is 9mm NATO chamber different than a commercial chamber?
    I am going to check other chambers in barrels of other barrels.

Banned
    I checked the reamer in 2 cartridge guages that I have and this reamer has freebore in front of the chamber!
    Just look up what the 9mm chamber is on SAAMI

Boolit Buddy
    Greetings,

As the reamer came from Ukraine, I suspect it is ground to CIP specifications.

https://bobp.cip-bobp.org/uploads/td...-en-page28.pdf

Cheers,

Dave

That is why I have to make a chamber and see how it works!
    I got it on EBay and they have a good money back policy.
    I will make a chamber gauge and see how it works!
    "Mark Serbu Home Shop Rifling - Part 2"
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtek View Post
    I know you have let Doctor Starrett or Doctor Mitutoyo look at him before the procedure. Most things cut off cannot be put back on, I have more than I would like of those T-Shirts.
    Measure twice (hey even more) cut once!

I have noticed that there are sellers of chamber reamers from several foreign countries on eBay.
    The thing I have noticed when looking at the photo they show for rimmed cartridges such as 357 magnum is that they don’t appear to cut the rim recess.
    That might work for a lever or bolt action but not for most single shots and chambers that need the extractor cut along with the chamber. The prices are good but I watch for used reamers at a reasonable price as you can use the reamer for your project then resell them and you’re not out much in cost.
    Jedman

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    Worth taking a chunk of 12L14 and drilling and boring a hole .001 over pilot size, then reaming the whole chamber to have a look at it. I buy 12L14 bar ends off Ebay and try to keep some around in a variety of sizes. The only downside to 12L14 is that one cannot get a high strength weld onto it. Other than that it is a perfect material for a lot of one off projects. Cuts like butter, warm butter .
    Both ends WHAT a player

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Willbird View Post
    Worth taking a chunk of 12L14 and drilling and boring a hole .001 over pilot size, then reaming the whole chamber to have a look at it. I buy 12L14 bar ends off Ebay and try to keep some around in a variety of sizes. The only downside to 12L14 is that one cannot get a high strength weld onto it. Other than that it is a perfect material for a lot of one off projects. Cuts like butter, warm butter .
    One shouldn't cut the whole chamber from the get go with a finishing reamer. It's really not meant to do that. Wears it out faster.

Don't know about your reamer, but my Manson 9mm NATO reamer (bottom) is slightly larger in the case body area and has a longer freebore compared to a Manson 9mm Luger reamer (top).

The bottom reamer I got used from a guy who said he worked for Storm Lake. It has chambered about two dozen barrels since I've owned it without the rougher. Out of curiosity I asked manson if done correctly about how many barrels they were good for. They said at least 60 with the TIALN coating, so I opted for that when ordering the 9mm Luger reamer on top.
    Last edited by Moleman-; 07-12-2023 at 01:18 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Willbird View Post
    Thanks for the advice!
    I will look for some on eBay!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast