MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabela's/Bass Pro moving out of primers?

Cabela's/Bass Pro moving out of primers?

I have a refund store credit at Cabela's. Haven't seen WW or CCI LR primers in months, could be a year or more. Seems since Bass Pro especially, reloading components are becoming more and more scarce through them.

I'm seeing CCI LR coming through bit by bit again, but never on Cabela's. Are they moving off primers? Customer service won't give a straight answer.
    -Paul

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by huntinlever View Post
    I have a refund store credit at Cabela's. Haven't seen WW or CCI LR primers in months, could be a year or more. Seems since Bass Pro especially, reloading components are becoming more and more scarce through them.

I'm seeing CCI LR coming through bit by bit again, but never on Cabela's. Are they moving off primers? Customer service won't give a straight answer.
    Their powder stock is improving, but I’m not seeing primers. Doubt that it’s a strategic decision, and 100% certain that asking a customer service rep about corp purchasing decisions will continue to be a waste of time. It isn’t that they won’t give you a straight answer, they simply don’t know. If you feel the need to ask something, about the best info would be if a sku for primers is still in the system.

Boolit Master
    I just now checked 5 different websites. All of them show small pistol and small rifle primers, but large pistol and large rifle are out of stock everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    I just now checked 5 different websites. All of them show small pistol and small rifle primers, but large pistol and large rifle are out of stock everywhere.
    Midsouth had CCI LR for about 40 seconds.
    -Paul

Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    Their powder stock is improving, but I’m not seeing primers. Doubt that it’s a strategic decision, and 100% certain that asking a customer service rep about corp purchasing decisions will continue to be a waste of time. It isn’t that they won’t give you a straight answer, they simply don’t know. If you feel the need to ask something, about the best info would be if a sku for primers is still in the system.
    Great suggestion on the sku query. You're right, too...I'm sure they just don't know.
    -Paul

I don't know about your location but here in Tulsa (Broken Arrow) we have a Bass Pro Sop that has had primers of every size and description. Limit used to be 500 per person per day. A few months ago the limit went away but no online orders for primers. I got several thousand that way. I quit buying them as it seems I have a lifetime supply. I think I have CCI and Federal LPP's from there in the past 12 months.

Boolit Master

Only place I now that currently says they have Large Rifle Primers is Lohman Arms (CCI Number 34). Too expensive for me to pull the trigger on at $119.00 per thousand.

https://lohmanarms.com/product/cci-n...rs-1000-count/

Local Cabellas has the same Box of 1000 Winchester small pistol primer for several months in the Locking Display Case.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Grand Master

I’ve seen them in Delaware at $80 a thousand. Stock is sporadic and they will sell out in less than a day. It will probably be hit or miss at big chains for some time.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Whenever I visit the Cabelas closest to me they usually have primers and powder. I can’t speak about their business decisions.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Grand Master
    Last week the Bass Pro that used to be the Cabela's store in KC, KS had Winchester small pistol, CCI 41, and Federal SR match primers. Prices were from $89.99 to $149.99/thousand.

There may have been some large primers, I don't remember.

Robert

Boolit Master

East Arkansas where I55 & I40 come together and then split
    I was at Bass Pro in Memphis at the Pyramid on Friday. They had mostly Small pistol and small rifle all were $8.99 per 100. Just a bit too steep for my blood.
    They had puwder but for 4227 at $49.00 I had to pass on that too.

Our Bass Pro here in Utica,NY never had primers/powder although you used to be able to have powder shipped to store for no additional cost.

Just picked up a brick from Midsouth, fyi all.

Edit: Corrected. Got CCI #200 LRP from Midsouth.
    Last edited by huntinlever; 07-10-2023 at 10:55 AM.
    -Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    Our Bass Pro here in Utica,NY never had primers/powder although you used to be able to have powder shipped to store for no additional cost.
    Looks like it varies a lot from communist states like yours to free states like mine. Your governor causes that. Recommend that you relocate while you still can. Don't vote away your freedom.

Boolit Master

1720 miles East of Wall Drug, North of Cooperstown, NY
    Are you hunting primers with cast boolitz?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Je suis Charlie
    Remember Lavoy!
    I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Quote Originally Posted by Screwbolts View Post
    Are you hunting primers with cast boolitz?
    Not sure who you're asking, but I use CCI or second choice WW large rifle primers for my 45-70 (cast, 405 WFNGC), my son's 30-30 (jacketed, Speer Hot Cor 150 gr SNFP) and his 30-06 (jacketed SP, 180 grain Hornady Interlocks). I use Rem 9 1/2 LRM primers (CCI or WW, if I can find them) for my .338 WM (225 & 250 gr Hornady Interlock SP-RP's).
    -Paul

Not me. I followed the Boy Scout motto after Clinton and laid in a lifetime supply of most of my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    Not me. I followed the Boy Scout motto after Clinton and laid in a lifetime supply of most of my needs.
    Good call. I probably made the mistake expecting "normalcy" at...any time now.
    -Paul

Cabela's/Bass Pro moving out of primers?

cabelas in saginaw had large rifle primers for $154 a brick. also had small pistol for $84. i’ll pay $84 or even $119 ( jays had small rifles for that a month ago ) if i needed them. $154 is outrageous

sports men’s whare house in lansing had both $8.50 a sleeve limit 2 sleeves per customer
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    They have all size primers at the one an hour from me for $9.99 to $12.99 per hundred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast