Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders Jerky
WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 223 brass STUCK CASE - HELP!

Awfully difficult to get a complete uniform coating with spray lubes without wasting a lot of it to overspray. One small dry spot is all it takes. And as posted, if the carrier hasn't evaporated, it's not a lube yet.

I still proselytise the RCBS liquid. Drop a squirt into a large Ziploc baggie, add 100 or so cases, (more if 9mm, fewer if .30-06), close up and knead for a minute to distribute the lube. For less than a dozen cases, put a dab on your palm and roll the cases between your hands.

The RCBS lube is water-soluble, a rinse in hot water is all it takes to completely remove it.

Save the baggie. It'll lube another batch with just what's coated the inside. No waste.

Reloading since about 1996, I've never stuck a case using this method. Even used it for my brutal swaging of .223 brass to make .25-20 Stevens and .22 Lovell brass.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    I usually toss around 75 .223 cases at a time into a plastic container and give them 4 spritzes of the lanolin/alcohol lube, then wait until the alcohol evaporates off, then knead the cases with my hands to help distribute the lanolin around. I’d estimate I’ve used this method to resize at least 50,000 cases without getting a single one stuck. This is using a small base resizing die. This is a good way to keep your hands from getting dried out too, especially in the winter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123