RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad Data
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The passing of a dog

Boolit Master

The passing of a dog

Our dog, our doggie daughter, a constant companion. A hunting master to the end.
    After 13 years of love and friendship it was time to say goodbye. Too much pain to go on yet her will was still there. She had all her faculties but bad hips and severe arthritis made mobility impossible. Died in my arms, lives in my heart. Bless you for all you gave. Roger Caras said "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make pur lives whole". Aside from my family, SHE was what was important.

Boolit Master

You will find many such as myself here that share your thoughts and have felt the same pain. My condolences.

James

Boolit Master

I understand and share your loss of a long time 4 legged friend. We lost our Shepard last Winter; and our Chocolate Lab a few months ago. Like our people friends and family; they remain in our memories.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    Sorry for your loss Martin ! I understand your pain I lost my constant companion and best 4 legged friend suddenly back in January, she was the smartest and sweetest dog I have ever known and I miss her every day.
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

Unfortunately, the more love and joy they give you, the more the pain when you lose them. Our 10 year old little girl is starting to show her age. Prayers sent and know that she will live on forever with happy memories.

Boolit Buddy

Tears and sorrow from our family at your loss GW

Boolit Grand Master

We had to put our baby down last year. Total suck on all levels. Always here, always guarding, always happy to see us and only needed a kind word, treat and a hug. Rescue dog best ive ever had
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Sorry for your loss. You'll meet again on the other side of the rainbow bridge.

Someone asked one time if dogs were allowed into Heaven.
    I asked them, "What kind of place would Heaven be if you couldn't have a dog"?
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Moderator Emeritus

Very sorry for your loss. I will cry like a baby when Ruger, big beautiful 175lb Gret Pyrenees in my avatar, passes on. He is the best dog I have ever had or known. A lot of us feel very deeply about our pets. I think it says a lot about a person. I even put in my dating add that they must have a dog. That is my gf's dog Chip (80lbs) in my avatar.

Boolit Master

I am sorry for your loss.
    Each Dog or Cat friend is only part of our lives.
    But We are their whole life.
    I feel honored to have had so many Great Friends
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master
    My beautiful girl, Great Pyrenees born 11.15.2011, died 6.8 2021, 9 years, she was with me 24/7, by my side 24/7, came home with me at 6 weeks 1.1.2012, she was the kindest, gentlest, playful, loving, more cat than dog, my youngest GP, girl was severely ingered on 6.29.2023 at 1 1/2 years old, she has had surgery on her jaw, mouth, my older GP, 2 years old, shows concern for her and protects her even though she is almost totally blind, they are family, no different than any one of my 4 sons, I truly feel for your great loss and send all my prays your way......... Your girl will live on in your memory and heart for ever..........

Boolit Buddy
    Have lost several dogs over the course of my life and could easily still cry thinking of every one of them. They are part of the family !!! My healing prayers go out to you and your whole family. The more people I meet the better I like my dog!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete44mag View Post
    The more people I meet the better I like my dog!!!!
    I've always tried to be at least half as good of a person as our dog thinks I am.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete44mag View Post
    Have lost several dogs over the course of my life and could easily still cry thinking of every one of them. They are part of the family !!! My healing prayers go out to you and your whole family. The more people I meet the better I like my dog!!!!
    I feel the same as you and for lost of many also. You are so right for the more people you meet the better You like your dog .

Martin sorry for your lost . I lost many and always think of them. Each one is there own self. Hang in there .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master

Bless you sir. Been there, and sadly done that. It's tough. Its a different emotion with a real, genuine fur friend. Who wants to leave with you, Who greets you when you come home. Who says the loudest "Good Morning" Every single day.....few. But, they do. Thank God for his creation every chance you get.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

I felt that pain 3 months ago when me my wife and daughters held Tucker while he passed. Leukemia. I have not written about it as the tears still come now. It will get better, but your pain is real.
    BNE
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Boolit Buddy
    It's never easy to lose a friend like that. It's been right at a year since I lost my friend, and I still expect him to greet me at the door when I come home from work....I think about him every day

Very sorry for your loss. I had to put down my dog Boy for the same reasons your dog had. The final day he couldn’t stand or walk, sadly it was on my birthday and during the peak of Covid so it took hours of waiting in the vehicle with him until the vet called me to come in.
    I think about him nearly daily and know he is without pain now.

Jedman

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Luber View Post
    Our dog, our doggie daughter, a constant companion. A hunting master to the end.
    After 13 years of love and friendship it was time to say goodbye. Too much pain to go on yet her will was still there. She had all her faculties but bad hips and severe arthritis made mobility impossible. Died in my arms, lives in my heart. Bless you for all you gave. Roger Caras said "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make pur lives whole". Aside from my family, SHE was what was important.
    I'm watching my dog, Orca, decline, and dreading the day I'll have to help him. I'm old enough it won't be the first time, but will probably be the last for a dog. He's the only one here who is always happy to see me, never gets grouchy at me, and is happy if he can just be near me. And delights when I'm able to scratch his back or nose or whatever. You don't have to watch your friend hurt anymore. That will have to be enough for a little while. My heart hurts for you, too.

Bill

Boolit Master

So very hard to loose a loving and loyal friend.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast