Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
Load DataSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: WTB 470 Nitro Express reloading components

Boolit Master

WTB 470 Nitro Express reloading components

My son has recently(today) purchased a Sabatti double rifle in 470 Nitro Express! That puts me in the driver's seat for reloading for the blasted thing. So I am looking to purchase dies, shell holder, brass, and bullets. I am looking forward to getting the feel of this great dangerous game rifle. I believe that this caliber is a fairly popular caliber and know the components are "out there" if I can locate them. I would like a mould for it as well but don't know even what I should look for. I'm thinking about 475-525 grain flat point with a gas check, and one that drops at 0.474 with a hard alloy. That may not be correct and I am open to suggestions if you have any. My son is thinking condum bullets, but his dad(me) is a little more frugal with the lead boolit and think it will be kinder on the shoulder. Thank you for any offers you might have regarding this WTB post.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

I've got cast boolits for a 470, may have a mold and other assorted 470 stuff for sale in the near future. Let me get a count on the boolits I have on hand. I have used pistol weight boolits in a Rigby double to regulate. It seems that pistol weight boolits regulate better(and are way more fun to shoot!) than traditional weight boolits.

The mold I use is for a 480 Ruger.

Unfortunately the buddy I loaded 470 N.E. for passed away from pancreatic cancer. We buried him last Thursday and his stuff will take a while to sort out.

I've got a CH three die set full length size w decapper, seater and expander. Shell holder should be in the mix as well. Pm for info and pics.
    Last edited by Brassmonkey; 06-28-2023 at 08:52 AM.

Boolit Master

15 meter and Brassmonkey-thanks for the replies. I am sending each of you a pm
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master

Thanks to all for the contacts. I have come up with dies and shell holder, but still looking for 470 NE brass and mould. Not so sure on the mould, but need brass for sure.

I've got 100+ boolits cast, gas checked and sized. Have to check on size and weight. Let me know if you're interested.

Boolit Master

15 meter, I'm interested. I'd like to see a picture of the boolits, and of course size & weight as you say. I do not need to know the alloy, but would like your best guess as to hardness. Since you didn't mention brass, I'm thinking you will not come up with any? Thanks 15 meter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230702_223021_resized.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	315577

These are from a NOE mold. Nominal weight is 384, as cast, lubed and gas checked, 391 grains. I used commercial blue lube purchased from NOE. Sized .476 if my notes are accurate. Not sure if I will see the 470 brass back. I asked to have my reloads returned to me. I am not particularly enthused about my reloads being sold with the rifles, it's one thing for my buddy and I to shoot my reloads when we were together, it's a whole different kettle of fish for them to be used under conditions I have no control over.

Alloy is most likely WW plus a couple of points of tin for fill out. Shot extremely well out my buddy's Rigby double.

It's a nice boolit, shot very well out of two buddies 480 Ruger's to boot.

Boolit Master

15 meter, I understand your frustration on the fact that you have lost your ammo. I hope you can recover it. The boolits look real good. I currently have a mold for my 480 Ruger. So I have an RCBS 476-400 FN, PB boolit mould. However, I would like to know the cost of your boolits including shipping. Meanwhile, I will look for some once fired brass(hopefully).

Hi ,
    I have a Ballisti-cast 2 cavity steel mold .476-460 LFNGC and gas checks if needed, mold is in excellent shape, PM me if interested.

Thanks,
    Sean