WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scoped revolver/pistol rest

...my chances of using any type of pistol rest depend on where I can usually shoot.
    the most critical condition is from a former olympic pistol range at 25 meters, because the waist-high support bench is very narrow, so it doesn't allow me to rest the elbows. there I shoot on my knees.
    (I can get there by boat without necessarily using a car. this involves some walk transporting all in a cart anyway, leaving the house)__
    elsewhere I shoot sitting on a stool: shooting ranges from 50 to 200 meters, true bench-rest support_
    before annoying other shooters, thank to God, I've single shooting positions of about 50 sq. meters each available, with canopies and real tables, originally intended for teachin' handguns & combat shooting. here I can access by myself, do and try what I want, Sling included , without disturbing anyone, no unwanted bystanders_
    (in both last two options, this means using a cart as above, but the trip requires the boat to join the mainland, followed by the the car)
    this to clarify my interest in any intervention_ thank you !
    Last edited by wilecoyote; 06-30-2023 at 09:04 AM.
    Food is overrated. A nice rifle is way more important.
    Rob

Boolit Master
    You can order the sixshot sling from Barranti Leather. If it's something that you can use in a sitting position,, it will surprise you.

Even makes me look like I can shoot straighter!

That Vaquero,, well, it's had that crooked left sided problem fixed & despite that,, still too scared to move to a colder climate!

Boolit Master
    I'll send it back when I kill something with it!

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by contender1 View Post
    You can order the sixshot sling from Barranti Leather. If it's something that you can use in a sitting position,, it will surprise you.
    Even makes me look like I can shoot straighter!
    ...I can't wait: anything makes me suppose I can shoot straighter
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by sixshot View Post
    I'll send it back when I kill something with it! Dick
    Sir, if you don't mind about my O.T., I would really like know more about your stainless zebra killer Gear, too...
    Last edited by wilecoyote; 06-30-2023 at 03:11 AM.
    Rob

Boolit Master
    wilecoyote, instead of hi jacking the thread any more than we already have it might be best if you just go over to the
    singleactionsforum, then you can read about the whole safari. When you get over there scroll down to the Gallery section & then you will have to go back several pages until you find "Out Of Africa" by Sixshot & you will find lots of photo's & replies from my hunt using a Ruger bisley 45 with a custom 8.5" barrel & also a Freedom Arms 10.5" 41 magnum, all with cast bullets.
    Dick

Red face

sixshot,
    please, Sir:..."you" hi jacking this thread?...
    ...seriously? I really must to remember that it was me who was so impressed by the photo of that Revolver that I asked you for more info here, and if you had done so here I would have been honored, precisely because all it went far beyond my initial expectations, like the entire contributions of both of you_
    for me it is not superfluous to specify it, since I am not always able to express myself appropriately without the fear of appearing too ceremonious or the exact opposite.
    once I have now removed all doubts about the above, I confess that the suggested link is better than Hemingway: there are more photos, info and sense of humor.
    It will take my some time, because it won't be read just once: I want you and Contender1 to be absolutely sure about it.
    thank you with all my heart
    Mario
    Last edited by wilecoyote; 06-30-2023 at 09:04 PM. Reason: hi jacking ?
    Rob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12