RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingLee Precision
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: Things OK at Western Bullet Company?

Boolit Man

Things OK at Western Bullet Company?

I ordered some bullets back in April and still haven't received my order, no response to my email either. I've never had problems with them before... did something happen?

Boolit Buddy

FWIW, their BBB rating is an "F" - https://www.bbb.org/us/mt/missoula/p...-1296-64172243

Boolit Master
    Long ago i purchased bullets from Western Bullet, delivery was very slow, bullet quality mediocre, First AND LAST last order. Bullets from Matt's, Bullshop, Missouri, and Cheyenne Bullets are all excellent. I liked Dardas but he retired. Bullshop is a custom caster with a long list of molds in many, many calibers.

I ordered some 41 Long Colt heeled bullets from Western in May. They shipped the following day and arrived at my house a couple days afterwards.

If I placed an order in April that had not been filled yet I would be calling the phone number on their website ASAP.

I’ve had good blessings with them. Are you sure your order was in stock? Usually if you just be patient and wait you get them. But April ? That’s bad.

Have they taken your money?

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by PhilC View Post
    The BBB is an organization that solicits funds from businesses in order to provide their rating. My father told them where to go in the 70's and got a C rating, though he rarely had a complaint from a customer. He also had 80%% repeat customers in his service.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Man
    In stock and on sale. The credit card charge went through, never had a problem with them before. It's not anything I'm short on, some cast boolits for my 45-70 and 38-55. I'll send another email...

Quote Originally Posted by pbcaster45 View Post
    In stock and on sale. The credit card charge went through, never had a problem with them before. It's not anything I'm short on, some cast boolits for my 45-70 and 38-55. I'll send another email...
    It would be better to wait a couple weeks so they don’t get an attitude. Honest.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by pbcaster45 View Post
    Jon does better with phone calls than emails.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Man
    The phone number doesn't seem to work and no response to emails... guess I'll try sending a letter.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Just a comment . . .

I know nothing about "Western Bullet Company" . . . .

One posting here mentions 41 heeled boolits . . . I have no idea if "Western Bullet Company' offered/offers .41 heeled or not . . .

BUT . . . let's not get "Western Bullet Company" confused and mixed up wit "Old West" which does offer 41 heeled as well as heeled boolits in 38 (.375) as well as molds, special shell holders and collet crimp dies for heeled boolits as well as other items. "Old West" offers EXCELLENT service and FAST delivery - I have dealt with them a number of times, buying molds, special shell holders and crimp dies. They are GOOD FOLKS TO DEAL WITH . . . just sayin' in case there is any confusion . . .

Interesting timing for this thread..... I ordered some 446110s on June 27th, as they showed in stock and were at a fair price. I sent a couple of follow-up emails but never heard back so had basically given up. Well....lo and behold, guess what was in the mailbox this evening!? I can't say it's the best customer service ever., and certainly not the quickest shipping...but the bullets look great!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    Just a comment . . .

I know nothing about "Western Bullet Company" . . . .

One posting here mentions 41 heeled boolits . . . I have no idea if "Western Bullet Company' offered/offers .41 heeled or not . . .

BUT . . . let's not get "Western Bullet Company" confused and mixed up wit "Old West"

I would never confuse the two. I have bought many hundreds of cast bullets from both companies. Old West is a great supplier of the crimping tools used on heeled bullets, and I have bought heeled bullets from them in 38 Colt and 41 Colt calibers.

Western Bullet has been a great supplier too, I have bought hundreds of 41 Long Colt bullets from them with the most recent purchase this month.

Boolit Man
    Don't get me wrong, I know some cast bullet suppliers are behind - it's just there's nothing on Western Bullet Company's website about delays. I order from GT Bullets too and they are just now filling orders from early April! I guess the sky-high cost of components hasn't discouraged most folks!

Boolit Man
    No response to phone calls or emails (or written letters). I won't be using Western Bullet Company anymore...

Boolit Man
    I got my order in on the 24th of November.

Boolit Man
    Sorry to resurface this thread but I too am having problems with Western Bullets. Placed an order for $144 on November 8th, 2023. Sent an email last week with no response and tried to call today, says the number is disconnected. Is anybody near them in Missoula MT and know if they are still in business? I had past dealings with them and they were slow to deliver but not 2 months.

Any insight would be appreciated,
    Thanks
    Paul

After this long, and after finding out the phone is disconnected, I'd be talking with my credit card company and getting any charges reversed.

Boolit Man
    Apologies again for bringing this thread back up but I thought it would be useful to relay my outcomes with Western Bullet. After posting above that they charged my card but no communication for 2 months despite repeated attempts I lodged a complaint with my credit card (Capital One). They immediately refunded my money and told me they would contact the vendor. Well, surprise about 3 days later I got an email from Western that my bullets were being shipped. I got them today and the order was correct, well packaged, and nice bullets.

I feel bad to rattle the cage of a gun-related business as I know how challenging it can be, but perhaps they can adjust their customer service policies to communicate better with customers. Your mileage may vary if you decide to do business with them.