Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: Yesterday was a Mean Weather Day

Yesterday was a Mean Weather Day

Wife went to pickup her medicines in Florala. So while she was gone I was outside surveying the previous day damage, heard a roar, looked to the north, the trees near our north fence line were whipping back and forth, I just drove the fenceing cart straight back into the garage and hit the garage door button. Went inside the house in time to see six foot high gisers of water splashing up from tree tops and limbs landing in the upper pond.
    Meantime, the wife, while on the highway, on her way back home, started seeing big pine trees and oak trees shredded and tumbling across the highway, they were snapped off by an air-borne tornado that never touched down. She was OK but a bit scared by the event.
    We have a lot of snapped off limbs on the ground, only two trees down so far, that I have found, we were very lucky. We got the 5" per hour rain, the evening before, could not see out back, through the solid wall of water falling.
    This was a live radar mistake of data on forward speed, they said arrival expected by evening, but it arrived at noon. We just got caught trying to do things before the severe weather's arrival. I will double check from now on, to see just how fast the actual speed is on movement of a front.
    If you are out trying to get in front of one of there severe weather events, be careful, it can get you when you are outside.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Grand Master

Around here they announce the expected times by city and usually by University. Since we are just across the freeway from Regent University we get pretty accurate predictions. This is from the National Weather Station in Wakefield, VA.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!