RepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Beautiful Great Granddaughter drew a picture for me

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately

My Beautiful Great Granddaughter drew a picture for me

Not only is she beautiful physically, but a beautiful person as well, along with being a 4.0+ student and an accomplished soccer player, such that she earned a Varsity Letter in her freshman year in high school. I am truly blessed.

The background.

Several years ago my wife was quite involved in the annual craft shows and during the holiday season spent many weekends attending them as a vendor. At one of the shows there was a fellow that drew people's hands in whatever pose they wanted. Most opted for the "Praying hands" pose, similar to the "Christ's Praying Hands" picture.
    We struck up a conversation since his booth was right next to my wife's. I asked him if he could/would draw a picture of my hands holding my S&W 629. He said he had no problem with it but the show sponsors would have a hissy fit because of a gun on the premises so he suggested we get together at my house or his place and get the drawing made. Never happened.

Fast forward 20 or so years and my great granddaughter is a budding artist. She was taking classes and one part was anatomy. She showed me the drawings she had made of hands. The light bulb suddenly came on! SHE CAN DO THE DRAWING!

She took some photos to work from and spent the next few months getting it just right to her satisfaction. She absolutely captured these 80 year old hands, the wrinkles, the dark thumb nail, veins, my wrist watch kinda twisted off to the side as it does when I shoot my "Big Kahuna", etc and when I see that picture I am taken aback every time. How she transferred the essence of it all to paper I will never understand.

I have not been without a 44 Magnum or 2 or 3 since 1965. Growing up in the 50s naturally I grew up dreaming of being a cowboy so my first 44 MAG was a Ruger SBH. A very close friend introduced me to the M-29 3-4 years later and that was that. My last gun to ever go away will be my 629-1 8 3/8" barrel.
    The photo I have posted comes close but in real life it is FANTASTIC!!

The photo I have posted comes close but in real life it is FANTASTIC!! The picture is true to life size. I told her the barrel was 8 3/8" long and she scaled everything to that.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention she is just 15 years old
    Last edited by roysha; 06-11-2023 at 10:32 AM.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Master
    That's an incredible work of art. Truly amazing. You're great granddaughter is indeed talented.

That is talent, looks like a picture!

Boolit Master
    Great story and drawing, thanks for sharing!

Boolit Master

Wow
    Priceless, it will become a family heirloom in the future. To show how once we had Freedom.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Grand Master
    Wow, that young lady has talent.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    That is fantastic! Your g-granddaughter sounds like a very special gal and what the two of you shared in all of this will be treasured by her in the years to come. A great story and an even greater piece of artwork! Thanks for sharing and the two of you have created something that will be looked at and treasured by all of your family members. You are truly a very lucky man! and may your granddaughter be blessed in her travels through life!

Wow, great work.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    It's always a pleasure to stare at the work of a talented artist. We had a member of our police department who had this talent. Once a lady complained that a man had tried to force himself at her but she escaped his advances. We got her to describe this character to the artist and in a few hours his drawing was completed to her satisfaction. The artist carried his picture into the squad room and held it up for the officers to see. When he held up the drawing and called out for anyone to name the character, 4 people shouted out the same name instantly. Turned out they were right and charges were brought against the actor.

It didn't end there. A few years later a senior officer's son owned an exhibition-grade Mustang and was very proud of it. The father asked the artist to create a drawing of the car for the son. This took longer with the amount of detail the artist invested in his work. He brought that drawing to the office and presented it to the father. It was so detailed that we could name the brand of tires on the car by inspecting the tread pattern on them (yes, it really was that detailed). This same artist has a side hobby of restoring Camaros, has even been featured on the front cover of custom car magazines. When he enters one of his restored cars in competitions he usually wins those events. Such talent.

Moderator Emeritus

Wow. She is very talented. You are both blessed and what a truly beautiful memento to have for the family.

Really good work.
    She should sign and date her work.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Just amazing. Few artists can draw hands accurately.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    Beautiful.
    Get her to sign & date it. Your heirs will know a "little more" about it that way.

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    It's a bit difficult to see but right above my right wrist is her "artists" signature and date.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Buddy

Hands are the hardest part of the human body to draw accurately. She did an outstanding job.
    "Only the weak blame parents, their race, their times, lack of good fortune, or the quirks of fate. Everyone has it within his power to say, this I am today, that I shall be tomorrow. The wish, however, must be implemented by deeds." Louis L'Amour The Walking Drum

Boolit Master

I insisted that my wife sign and date all of the ceramics that she made.
    Now that she is gone her work is now priceless heirlooms.

Boolit Master
    Beautiful work. We have a great grand daughter,she's not quite 2. Who knows how she'll turn out.
    Old retired guy in Baton Rouge La.

Boolit Master

Very impressive in many ways. Congratulations.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master
    Are you sure that's not a photo? {grinning}. Amazing true talent! Thank you for sharing.

Boolit Master

Oh my goodness, what a wonderful job. A true artist for sure. Thank you for sharing your wonderful story!
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast