WidenersLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: Price check on Savage 219 30/30?

Boolit Master

Price check on Savage 219 30/30?

I have been looking at a very nice 219 Savage single shot 30/30. Nice walnut stock and forearm, good blue and the case coloring is great shape as well. Has some finish scratches on forearm, that would refinish easily. Guy is firm at $450, sounds a little high to me, but $450 dont buy much these days.

Boolit Master
    $450.00 don't buy much these days, seams high, if the bore is good? if it fits good? and can afford it, will be worth more in time, may be a wonderful rifle to put meat on the table? Times may be getting rough, prices falling, quality falling, only time will tell ?

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Not something I would spend over four bills on, but somebody will buy it for that price. Savage combination guns have gotten really pricey also.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    There are a few on GB right now for various prices but $450 doesn't seem out of the question. Personally, I think those are worth $300 to $350 but what do I know...LOL

Buy it, and don't look back - $350 twenty years ago (when they went for that much back then) equals almost $600 today.

I've had several different ones, over the past 40 years, and every one was very accurate and reliable (just don't dry snap it, as the firing pin will break)

A plus is that most other 219 barrels will interchange if you want, say, a .22 Hornet or a 20ga shotgun in the future.

( I have a write up on 219 barrel interchangibility available I can send you, if wanted)

FYI - if it's already scoped, or if you're intending to scope it (.30-30), it will need to have the top of the grooved barrel D/T for a cap-head screw, which will keep the clip-on scope/mount from sliding forward under recoil (and losing zero).

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback, but I think I am going to pass.